Bailess penn Spinning ss

Rate this topic

stone

HI

I notice that many of you like bailess spinning reel. whats the advantage apart that it wont close on you when casting. when waiting for a bite, will the line come loose and cause it miss bite because the line comes off from the line roller? Will it in the mist of casting engage onto the roller?

If after trying, i decide to fix it, whats the cost of the bail

I have 6500 7500 and 8500ss. is there a series that response best to such a modification?

thanks

View PostHI

I notice that many of you like bailess spinning reel. whats the advantage apart that it wont close on you when casting. when waiting for a bite, will the line come loose and cause it miss bite because the line comes off from the line roller? Will it in the mist of casting engage onto the roller?

If after trying, i decide to fix it, whats the cost of the bail

I have 6500 7500 and 8500ss. is there a series that response best to such a modification?

thanks

If you can find the kit,69-750 it will fit all your reels, if you cut off your bail wire to replace it is apx as follows.

24-650-$15.00

24-750-$12.00

24-850-$16.50

same part # on the 6500 etc, plus shipping if your B+T shop don't have them. Your best bet is to post WTB bail-less kit,69-750 on the BST.

The straw that broke AMERICA'S back "Free Trade/National Health Plan" Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

View Postare there only 3 pieces in the kit?

ordered one and it was 3 pieces...think it's right but seems like it may be off

That's it, 3-pcs. Triplock,screw to hold it on and line roller holder, you need to use your old roller and nut.biggrin.gif

The straw that broke AMERICA'S back "Free Trade/National Health Plan" Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

Lion answering a Penn reel question wink.gif

THANK YOU for confiming thought it was right but wanted to verify

Wanted to try bailess this summer so I picked one up - now making the switch over should be interesting.... cwm31.gif

To give a good idea on my mechanical ability - long time ago i used to wrk in a hardware store and I needed to use a staple gun....

shot it backwards and stapled my thumbs together....was f'n hysterical for everone but my thumbs.

Looked like quite the goofball with a bandaid on each thumb kooky.gif

Lion answering a Penn reel question wink.gif

THANK YOU for confiming thought it was right but wanted to verify

Wanted to try bailess this summer so I picked one up - now making the switch over should be interesting.... cwm31.gif

To give a good idea on my mechanical ability - long time ago i used to wrk in a hardware store and I needed to use a staple gun....

shot it backwards and stapled my thumbs together....was f'n hysterical for everone but my thumbs.

Looked like quite the goofball with a bandaid on each thumb kooky.gif

That had to be a site and a bumber at the same time. The change over is real simple, just take the nut off your bail arm side that holds your bail wire and roller off (not the bail arm screw) put your roller on your new roller shaft then back on the arm and replace the nut.(oil it first) Then take off the other side of the bail wire, hold the trip down with your new triplock and put in your new screw, That's IT. (put your bail and spring away for another time)

Jack (the guy who oned the store- was in Sayville) just poked his head out, saw me with my thunbs stapled together and just started HOWLING...not helpful

Anywho - thanks for the bailess conversion 101 lesson as well

So do I start a thread with Penn Q's or just PM you directly? wink.gif

Again - appriciate the help