Lures for stripers

Rate this topic

nctroutman

NC,

Welcome to the community! I think your post got lost in the shuffle wink.gif I'm not familiar with Hatteras but wanted to bring the post back to the top.

I fish Cape Cod mostly. The dreaded....err...lovely "Ditch" as well. We use mostly small Mega Baits, Bombers, Tin of all sorts etc. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

Good luck & welcome!

------------------

Bob Thomas

RThomas61@aol.com

Bob Thomas
SOL#162

NCTroutman, welcome to our little hideaway.

I fish Hatteras pretty regularily insearch of drum and big stripers. I can tell you that the same lures guys tlak about working on cape cod work for bass down at hatteras.

I would reocmned The YO Zuri Crystal minnow, yo zuri tobi maru, various bombers, green over clear, black, school bus, silver striper. Wooden plugs, the surfster, and fat boy......al these should work. Also Try tins, I find pups like tins with feathers quite a bit. Rig a teaser above the lure also. Decivers work very well.

The mirro lures you throw for trout also work well on bass purple demon will produce fish.

Basically employ the methods you read about here and you will score bass.

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Your basic bucktail/twister tail & teaser can do just fine. Two years in a row we got into some 30"-36" fish real good. Had them two days straight south of Corolla. They were all after peanut bunker. Fish were all over them. What a sight...large fish were airing it out, chasing them 10-20 yards off the beach. Hardest part was making your bucktail be what the fish went after.