Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LogCabins

Neoprene socks

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I have been trying to find the perfect pair of socks for wearing my Korker wading boots while wetsuiting. So far I absolutly hate all the dive socks I've tried. Crapy construction and meterial, poorly fitting etc. I wish Xcel or some other surfing wetsuit company made Tall (above ankle) Neoprene socks. Or maybe you guys know of some nice 3mm socks out there from a dive company?

My surfing booties are so comfy and warm and fit perfect. But they have rubber soles. So I don't want to use them.

What are you guys using??? Thanks beers.gif

For warm weather, I have a pair of Simms neoprene wading socks - they're thin, so they provide very little insulation, but they're comfy when it's warm.

In colder weather I wear a pair of Patagonia insulator 3mm neoprene socks. They're thick enough that my normal boots are pretty snug with 'em on, but they're still quite comfy.

I have the Blue Reef 3mm and there O.K. but was hoping to find a better fitting sock. It looks like these NRS ones may be a bit better. I'll try and see if the local EMS store has um to try them on.

Any other socks out there you guys like?

buy fin socks that spongers use, oneill had a nice set called ninja's im not sure if they still make them but you can probly find them somewhere online... if not buy there mutant boots or psycho's youll fall in love. much softer sole then xcel's titanimums

i dont know much about korker boot's ? but in anything other then freezing temp's i just wear my proline flats booties with old school korker strap on's..

Sorry i cant help much in your situ. frown.gif

Nevermind just called they don't have them. Is there anyplace in central L.I. that carry's them? I want to try them on in person rather then ordering online.

Either that or BC your gonna have to show me your socks when I drop off that Decal for the rod biggrin.gif

Glacier Bay kayak right on 25A in East northport sells NRS stuff. Its right next door to Northport rod and reel.

you can check mine out. I wear NRS socks with a studded boots when I wetsuit. easy to walk in (no korkers) and they are OK to swim with.. again eaiser than korker, good support.. but you need to buy a size smaller than you would with stocking foot waders because the socks are thinner than stockingfoot. if you are a 13 ft buy size12 boots if you want to wear them to wetsuit in.

Bc