Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfflyfish4stripers

Tail LOoP wire bender.

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Is there a tool that i can use for tail loop wire bending ?

i was watching the hunt for big fish,and larry used a tool to make the tail loop and it came out perfect.turned the wire 2 times and done.

the Hagen's catalog has something like what your talking about but its pretty pricey...

you can do many different bends with it.

you can even bend the wire for say a spinner bait for fresh water bass with it.

do a search im sure that have a web site.

doesnt a hay wire tool make a loop and draw towards the wire(like the nose loop)it couldnt make the loop pressed up against the lure,or i might be thinking of a different tool

most inexpensive & quickest way. with wire & hardware installed on plug leave 4-5" out the tail end, install rear grommet & clamp 1" of wire in vise, pull plug to secure front loop & bend wire almost 90 deg. to plug. secure a #2 phillips screwdriver in vise, clamp a pair of needle nose vicegrips to last 1" of wire & pull wire around screwdriver to complete a perfect circle, with the loop still secured to the screwdriver start wrapping the tag wire around the around the wire protruding from the rear, wraps will run toward the plug, 2- 3 wraps & your wire is secure, cut off excess & squeeze tab in to loops.

Hey Vic, happy holidays, we may be up to your area this june, if we make it up I'll give you a call. hope all is well.

jewelers pliers...round nose shape, ...grab tail wire at 45 deg bend close as you can to the tail end of plug , squeeze pliers to hold the position, wrap wire around base of pliers for a nice loop...remove and reinsert as you need to get leverage...clip done. You can use another set of normal pliers to grab the tag end of the wire and twist.

View Postjewelers pliers...round nose shape, ...grab tail wire at 45 deg bend close as you can to the tail end of plug , squeeze pliers to hold the position, wrap wire around base of pliers for a nice loop...remove and reinsert as you need to get leverage...clip done. You can use another set of normal pliers to grab the tag end of the wire and twist.

Yep, thats how I do it. With a little practice you can do it in no time and make them look good.

Jigman

I saw that as well, he used it to make a nose loop, inserted the looped wire thru the mold, poured the lure .When the lure hardened he used a pair of pliers to make the tail loop.

At least this is how I remember it.