Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassNuts

Duke/UNC tonight

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

View PostIf I'm driving back from the UConn game, how can I watch the UNC/Duke game?

UConn by 12 and UNC by 8smile.gif

UConn by 12???...but....but....but.....the press is talking up the 'Nova is the cream of the BE....even though UConn is #1 kooky.gif My heart says Duke because of monster games by Paulus, Scheyer and Hendersen....but.....

Oh well.....you have to play BOTH halfs of a game. Duke couldn't buy a shot in the sencond half and their defense fell asleep. Have to hand it to old Roy, he made the right adjustments at the half. Hansbrough and Green won all 4 games they played at Cameron. Duke will have another chance at the Dean Dome in the last game of the year. I guess the ACC will belong to UNC. Last night's game was more than about pride...seedings start coming into play now. Congrats to UNC.

View PostTheres no way to stop Him.

headscratch.gif Did you watch the game? Game I watched they did a pretty good job of containing him. 17 points 6 rebounds and 1 assist along with 5 fouls. All under his season average no?

Duke cannot keep the jumpshot falling for both halves this year. We saw how dangerous they could be in the first half, but that has to happen until the final buzzer. I think what we are seeing is that Duke has an inflated ranking.

Hansborough got his points, always has, always will. The kid is a phenominal college player. Even as a Duke fan I was glad to get to watch him play in college for 4 years. But he didn't do anything spectacular last night.

But no way on player of the year. Curry gets that hands down for carrying a subpar, midmajor in a lackluster conference to an NCAA Tourny birth and I suspect at least a couple wins in March.

It was the tale of the jump shot last night.....when Duke gets 'em to fall, they are unbeatable. And they were falling for the last 10 minutes of the 1st half. Then it went south, and NC took over. How many 3's rattled out midway through the 2nd half that would have kept the game tight.

And how about that Lawson? What a player.

I was of course sorry to see Duke lose, but it was to be expected I think.

Alan