Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oneofour

Suburban Front Mount Hitch

14 posts in this topic

I was looking to buy a front mount hitch for my suburban so I could mount a rod and cooler rack on to the front. I am not looking to tow anything with it so I do not need one that can tow 9000 lbs. What type of hitch is everyone else running on their suburbans or tahoes? Thanks in advance!

on my suburban I had my auto shop teacher weld a square metal reciever that he burned a hole through for the pin. $20

I could put a Hitch Hauler with a big marine cooler on it with no problem.

View Poston my suburban I had my auto shop teacher weld a square metal reciever that he burned a hole through for the pin. $20

I could put a Hitch Hauler with a big marine cooler on it with no problem.

Thank you, my buddy is an iron worker, im sure he could make something up for me. I appreciate it.

View PostI would recomend a dual reciever set up if your going to put any kind of serious weight on it. But thats just my 2 cents worth

what exactly is that?

View Postwhat exactly is that?

I'll take some picks tomorrow and post them,I make all my own they are cheap and easy,and are extremely strong, I hauled two 150lb+ dear on mine one time with no problem. I might even have a set to fit your suburban what year is it?

View PostI'll take some picks tomorrow and post them,I make all my own they are cheap and easy,and are extremely strong, I hauled two 150lb+ dear on mine one time with no problem. I might even have a set to fit your suburban what year is it?

Its an 03

View PostHere's a few pics.

100_1498.jpg

100_1500.jpg

100_1501.jpg

It seems that type of mount would be able to support more weight. My only question is how many cooler rod racks would attach to that? Would you need a type or adapter?

View PostIt seems that type of mount would be able to support more weight. My only question is how many cooler rod racks would attach to that? Would you need a type or adapter?

Most builders will custom fit them(at least I will) Here is the setup on my old rack, but it is the same setup pretty much on all the daul setups. Some people wan't 1 1/2in and some want 2in recievers.As for the Question of which racks would fit, most all.

Chris

100_0368.jpg