walmart begins layoffs

Rate this topic

Punk Freud

View PostWhat if they were just using this as an opportunity to get rid of the deadbeats.

I have pals at a production house (corporate) that laid off about 20 people out of 90 odd people. They were all the bums. I think that has happened more than once here recently.

while it makes sense for all the dead wood to be chopped first, i can't say that would apply to wal-mart. (who knows?)

freakin' microsoft laid some people off (for the first time).

what does that tell you?

View Postdon't get me going on those taget bastages.

seriously, I hate national chains.

Mergers and acquisitions have been a bad thing for this country,

you go to the supermarket and see a hundred brands of toothpaste,

owned by two companies.

you go to any mall in America and see the same stores in all of them,

owned by the same mega retailer.

our nation is becoming VERY generic as a result.....

Just wondering...do you grow your own food?? You do know that the supermarket you probably shop at is a national chain right?

And by the way...they were the ones that put the mom and pop grocery out of business long before Walmart rose to prominence..

View PostThis is true. Unforunately, public education has been dominated by leftists and as a result the average high school graduate needs pictures on the McDs cash register so they don't get bogged down with all that math and reading.

cwm27.gif

nice one,

you can have a consumer base of rocket scientists,

but they'd need to be educated as to the products/stores they were giving their business to, in order to be an educated consumer......

AND willing to think of long term COLLECTIVE good,

rather than being selfish, and thinking if EVERYONE ELSE does the right thing, then they can be the one to profit.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostJust wondering...do you grow your own food?? You do know that the supermarket you probably shop at is a national chain right?

And by the way...they were the ones that put the mom and pop grocery out of business long before Walmart rose to prominence..

Just because it's happened before doesn't mean we shoudl continue the same destructive behavior.

#otterlivesmatter

View Postwhile it makes sense for all the dead wood to be chopped first, i can't say that would apply to wal-mart. (who knows?)

freakin' microsoft laid some people off (for the first time).

what does that tell you?

Vista blows. Flight Sim 10 BLLLOOOWWWWSSSSS!

There's plenty of numbnuts at MS to cull.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

View PostJust because it's happened before doesn't mean we shoudl continue the same destructive behavior.

I guess that is where we see it differently. I don't see where my buying a product at Walmart for half the price that i can get it at the Supermarket is destructive behavior.

View PostJust wondering...do you grow your own food?? You do know that the supermarket you probably shop at is a national chain right?

I shop at McCaffery's it's a small chain of THREE,

about as mom and pop as you can get these days.

I also throw business at the farmer's market.

in the summer I will run out to the train station at Princeton Junction,

where they have a market of local farmers.....

I do what I can.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

So do I have the gist of this thread right? Wal-Mart is bad. If Wal-mart went belly up it would be good for America, because we would immediatly see a jump in the manufactoring of cheaply made goods right here in the states. The best part would be if Wal-mart went belly up, it would bring back the Mom and Pop stores and that's good, because we all want to pay more so that Mom and Pop can hire one of two of thier kids, give them no benefits, and pay whatever they want. In the end Mom and Pop get to go on vacations every year while I stay home....brilliant!

View PostSo do I have the gist of this thread right? Wal-Mart is bad. If Wal-mart went belly up it would be good for America

um no,

Walmart is bad,

but I'd rather see them get phased out by a wave of Patriotism and business ethics.....

it SCARES the beegeezus out of me that the bottom feeders are failing.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostI shop at McCaffery's it's a small chain of THREE,

about as mom and pop as you can get these days.

I also throw business at the farmer's market.

in the summer I will run out to the train station at Princeton Junction,

where they have a market of local farmers.....

I do what I can.

icon14.gif

Good on ya'...

We just see it differently. There are no mom and pops around where I am as far as grocieries go. I can never remember a time in my life when there were to be honest. There are specialty stores (bakeries and the like) around that I will frequent if they have something that I want that I can't get elsewhere, but if I can get it elsewhere for less money, that is where I'm getting it.

Question for you.... There is a bakery near me that for years we purchased Christmas cookies every year. Finally got to the point where the price just got out of hand to the point where I looked into it and discovered that I can purchase the ingredients and make them myself for much less and quite honestly (puffing chest out) they taste just as good. Am I guilty of contributing to putting mom and pop out of business. Am I more guilty because I buy said ingredients at Walmart as opposed to the local Acme or safeway??

Kinda the same principle if you ask me.....