Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
optimist

Question about Naples

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys ! I'm hoping someone on the Florida forum can help me out. I was watching " Fishing wiith Roland Martin " a few weeks back, and he had a show where he was fishing some backwater area in Naples , where he was catching snook, peacock bass and small tarpon. It appeared to be inland , but I think he indicated it was connected to the ocean through some kind of waterway.

I was trying to find out where in Naples this area was located but am having no luck. I emailed Roland from his website, but never got an answer. We have friends who live in Naples, but they are not fishermen, and they had no idea where this might be.

It appears most of the fishing around Naples is bottom fishing for snappers, etc, which doesn't turn me on , and I've not heard about the availability of these other species all in one spot. It sure looked good on the show, with the fish hitting topwater plugs, and providing lots of action.

Does anyone have any ides on where specifically in Naples this might be ?

Steve

Contact SOL Member Tom Cullen Striper TC,my point of contact said the Wiggins pass in state park was good, also fishing pier was decent for snook and passing sharks.

What you might be looking for is the Tamiami Canal which runs along side of Hwy 41, I have no idea what is in the canal Besides one hell of a lot of Gators.

Apologize for jacking the thread...

Will be in Naples next week. Any tips on what lures to bring? Will have a young'un with me so a pier trip or two is required. Would like to try the beachfronts also. Thanks.

View PostHi guys ! I'm hoping someone on the Florida forum can help me out. I was watching " Fishing wiith Roland Martin " I emailed Roland from his website, but never got an answer.

There is your biggest problem, that guy is a real JERK!!!!

I just saw him in Bass Pro shop and he tried to push past my 7 year old son on the stairs. He got a little sarcastic with me when I pulled my son close and just stood there waiting for him to go by. It took everything in me not to slap the stupid right out of him. I was telling a friend the story on my cell phone and a total stranger walks up and says "I hope he dies a slow painful death" and tells me how Roland wouldn't grant a Make A Wish for a terminal child. The kids only request was to fish with Roland Martin and the reply was "he couldn't find the time in his schedule".

As for Naples there are a lot of places that connect to the Gulf it might have been Naples Bay, the Gordon River, Keewaydin Island or a few others. Any chance you have that show on tape or know how to find the original air date? If so you might be able to track down the guide that showed Roland around. The guide does all the work and then they edit everything to look like Roland did something.

I know one good spot is the rocks at the south side of the Gordons Pass. I think most people live bait but snook action is pretty good there.

View PostThere is your biggest problem, that guy is a real JERK!!!!

I just saw him in Bass Pro shop and he tried to push past my 7 year old son on the stairs. He got a little sarcastic with me when I pulled my son close and just stood there waiting for him to go by. It took everything in me not to slap the stupid right out of him. I was telling a friend the story on my cell phone and a total stranger walks up and says "I hope he dies a slow painful death" and tells me how Roland wouldn't grant a Make A Wish for a terminal child. The kids only request was to fish with Roland Martin and the reply was "he couldn't find the time in his schedule".

As for Naples there are a lot of places that connect to the Gulf it might have been Naples Bay, the Gordon River, Keewaydin Island or a few others. Any chance you have that show on tape or know how to find the original air date? If so you might be able to track down the guide that showed Roland around. The guide does all the work and then they edit everything to look like Roland did something.

I know one good spot is the rocks at the south side of the Gordons Pass. I think most people live bait but snook action is pretty good there.

What he said^ R. Martin could fit in a shot glass his knowledge of Southwest Florida's waters. That being said look at the top of the Florida Forum for a guide that can show you around. I could spout off all kinds of places to fish and you would never be able to find them unless I brought you with me. Down here everything looks the same, mangroves everywhere. 90% of the natives here would get lost in the 10,000 island region if they did not have gps, besides that most of the wildlife can and will eat you if given the chancecwm31.gif