Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
john002

sucker run

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

View Postno bait for lobster$$$$ know alot of guys would buy them if i got some

that's against the law unless you have a com license. and even then i dont think suckers are legal to take for bait in freshwater.

We fish with suckers all the time in wilson lake and auburn lake.Game Warden is the one that told us about it... Only thing I found in the law book is that you couldnt use game fish or spinny fish for bait.

View Postall you need is a sucker permitwink.gif... and yes you can use them for bait and they are not a game fish.....

my guess is if you sell them you need a bait dealers licence cwm15.gifcwm13.gif

i would also guess you would lose your guide licence for selling them without a bait dealers licence .

am i wrong ?

In Maine you can get a permit to havest suckers...either by spearing/gigging them or trapping them...yes...they are used for lobster bait...and yes lobsterman will pay a price to get them...traditonally most lobstermen will go out and harvest their own

View Postso anyone can sell them ? can nets be used ?

how much could you sell a 55 gallon drum for?

An individual that has the proper permit(s) can indeed harvest and sell these fish. Most guy's build a box type trap with funnel openings...I believe the trap has to conform to specific demensions set foth by the state...where the traps are placed are also regulated by the state and...ahem...other fisherman. as for making money selling these things...you're better off slingin' burgers at Micky D's...cwm27.gif ....please check the regs carefully before you proceed.

anyone know when the sucker start to run in maine???? I've herd its around april/may?????
I have suckers and can get you as many as you need I am a live bait dealer and have a sucker permit please give me a call 207-290-4402 or 207 794 3092 ask for shayne

I am a bait dealer here in lincoln maine and we have a sucker permit and willing to fill you order and some of your friends please contact us can get you what you want get them while they are running please call 207 290 4402 or 207 794-3092 ask for shayne. Johnson's live bait lincoln maine 04457

You have to have permits to harvest and permits to sell and yes of you have a permit to harvest you can use a dip net to harvest them you can also Speer and snag them its alot of money and head ach to be able to sell them we just bought all our permits for the year we sell a lot of suckers to people for touge fishing and we also stock other bait but its just a headache with all there permits and laws

You. Have to have in the state of maine a maine bait dealers whole sale lisences and sucker permit and state sales tax certificate and have to keep logs of all activity and sales when and where you harvest your bait and suckers you have to know and tell the state where you will harvest you suckers when you apply for the permit if you get caught with out this stuff say good bye yo your fishing lisences and put your hand out for some hefty fines. And when you get these permits and lisences wardens and biologist will check you often to check what you have and make sure you are legal.