Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gellfex

Boynton Beach, best bang for the buck on a boat?

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I'm heading down to visit family this weekend with my fishing crazy 9 year old son. We tried a kingfish drift boat a couple of years ago without landing a fish. I was wondering what other options there are, especially if I was willing to spend more, but not a full blown charter, unless they could be had for a couple hundred bucks.

Last year we tried tossing some shrimp with the crowd at the Boynton inlet with only a few little guys to show for it. He's happy snagging the sunnies in the ponds and canals near my folks condo, but I get a little bored. I'll bring a flyrod this time and see if I can improve my minimal skills with it and/or nail some bass, but I'm interested in more and he wouldn't argue. I was contemplating leaving home the salt spinning gear, figuring even if we try tossing shrimp again on the inside, the light spinning gear with 8# should be fine.

Any interesting suggestions or guidance would be welcome.

About a half hour to 45 minutes north of Boynton is Jupiter. At the inlet they have several smaller drift boats. I would call Capt Jim on the Country Club. Jim is a great guy and he likes kids. The boat is comfortable and clean. It uses to be about 75 dollars per person. The number is stuck in that thread at the top.