Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speedracer

PETA - class act.

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

NEW YORK (AP) -- "Is this really the KKK?" somebody asked the woman in the white robe and the pointy hat.

Related Quotes

SymbolPriceChange

image;size=179x98

{"s" : "ge","k" : "c10,l10,p20,t10","o" : "","j" : ""}

Crowds gawked at a table set up outside Madison Square Garden on Monday afternoon, where People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals was protesting the start of the Westminster Kennel Club show. PETA contends that the American Kennel Club promotes pure-breeding of dogs that is harmful to their health.

"Welcome AKC Members," read a banner hanging from the table -- with AKC crossed out and KKK written above it. Two PETA protesters dressed as Ku Klux Klan members, while other volunteers handed out brochures that read: "The KKK and the AKC: BFF?"

"Obviously it's an uncomfortable comparison," PETA spokesman Michael McGraw said.

But the AKC is trying to create a "master race," he added. "It's a very apt comparison."

David Frei, spokesman for Westminster and TV host of coverage on NBC Universal's USA Network, said: "I can't speak for everyone, but the vast majority of the people exhibiting and handling and showing at Westminster are more interested in the health of dogs than anything else."

"We want to produce the next generation of healthy and happy dogs," he said, "not just for the show ring but for the couches at home."

Most passers-by seemed more puzzled than offended, though those who didn't stop walked away thinking they really had seen the KKK. The most common reaction was to pull out a cell phone and start snapping photos.

Police monitored the situation from nearby, but the scene was mostly calm. One shouting match broke out during the hour-long protest.

Earlier, a man strode away yelling, "That's disgusting! I'm going to buy more fur!"

Fatima Walden, who spotted the protest during a shopping trip, called the KKK imagery inappropriate no matter what the message.

"They could have used something else as an example," she said. "You should be considerate to everybody."

View PostI think animal rights activists should be shot on sight.

I believe that everyone has a right to their own opinion. Punk Freud thinks that the USA sucks dead dog farts. That is his right, I will even defend his right to stand in the center of Central Park in NYC and make that claim. However, the PETA loose people when they do exhibits like this one, any sane human being who understands the history of the KKK realizes this comparison is stupid at best, desperate to say the least. I really think their best campaigns involved young, buxom, grade B&C actresses stripping all their clothes off.pig2.gifpig2.gif Those adds always got my attention. This **** makes me doublly sure I'll watch the Wesminster show both nights therby helping their ratings.

Now the animal activists who set fires, bombs and raid farms should be shot twice. Once up the ass so they feel alot of pain and then once in the knee just for ***** and grins since they are dying anywaykooky.gifkooky.gif

View PostI agree. My opinion is that animal rights activists should be shot on sight.

I get it, I understood. I just had to put that First Amendement bit in to keep the weridos from frothing at the mouth. Oh and instead of shooting them when you first see them, try sneaking up and jamming your gun barrel in their butt THEN pull the trigger. the time of death is delayed I am told and the pain is more intense.

View PostI get it, I understood. I just had to put that First Amendement bit in to keep the weridos from frothing at the mouth. Oh and instead of shooting them when you first see them, try sneaking up and jamming your gun barrel in their butt THEN pull the trigger. the time of death is delayed I am told and the pain is more intense.

Good thinking! That could work. wink.gif

I would have gone down to the raw bar in Penn Station, got a couple dozen on the half shell, went back to their protest, and slurped them while someone else let out a fake scream at every slurp cwm27.gif

Then I would have passed out the shells to the smokers on hand to use as ashtrays icon14.gif

View PostI would have gone down to the raw bar in Penn Station, got a couple dozen on the half shell, went back to their protest, and slurped them while someone else let out a fake scream at every slurp cwm27.gif

Then I would have passed out the shells to the smokers on hand to use as ashtrays icon14.gif

Wow we agree on something...

View PostI would have gone down to the raw bar in Penn Station, got a couple dozen on the half shell, went back to their protest, and slurped them while someone else let out a fake scream at every slurp cwm27.gif

I ****ing love it, raw oysters and PETA with screaming the background. You are ****ing brilliantclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

I'm not at all sure that killing the mentally deficient/socially crippled PETA'ites, is the way to take the high road. (Although, I realize the proposal is tongue-in-cheek.) And while I can't help but wonder what chromosome(s) these fruitloops are missing, we might be better off just putting these walking examples of lifes lowest losers on a virtual 'ignore list', rather than giving them the publicity they crave.