Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Thomas

Is It April Yet?

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Well, after a hectic start to winter, I started spinning wood again for the upcoming season. While I was running off the 22 polaris poppers in 1 hour (I need help!) I began to day dream about the upcoming season.

1. The early spring nights by a fire indulging in some ice cold Molsons at BSP

2. The early am wake-ups to get to the ditch in time for the switch

3. The beautiful sun-ups along the big river

4. Losing lead

5. Feeling the fish hit and slamming the hook home...into a pile of weeds

6. The wind blowing over the bike and breaking another rod-tip

7. Meeting up with all the guys down the canal to swap BS stories

8. Calling the "Cape Cod Canal Guide Service" for the latest info

9. The constant phone calls, PM's and emails about the massive blitz going on and how I need to be fishing when I'm about to go in for 3 double shifts in a row....you know who you are!!

10. How I'm going to stop my knuckle from bleeding because while I was day dreaming here, I went too far and hit the 3000 rpm spinning plug blank SON-OF-A-!@#$%^&

Anyone else ready? Where is JP's countdown clock at?? Someone help me here!

I can tell yer ribs have healed, Bob.

Won't be long now......dadelions, new oak leaves the size of a mouses ear....those will be the first signs.

Last count down from JP was a few days ago when he posted 100 days to go.

View Postyou sick sadistic S.O.B. that is mean WHY? oh yeah fyi plug building does not help winter by any faster it just makes it worse way worse

Devil,

I'm actually WAY behind what I had planned. I still have 93 blanks to spin off cwm31.gifcwm31.gifredface.gif

View Post

Won't be long now......dadelions, new oak leaves the size of a mouses ear....those will be the first signs.

Last count down from JP was a few days ago when he posted 100 days to go.

I saw my first three Bald Eagles of the year today, cleaning up after the ice fisherman. Usually I never see them until March.

I'm calling for an early spring. icon14.gif

View PostI saw buzzards on the Upper Cape yesterday, that's kinda like robins, right?

Joe musta been out for a walk?

Last week, about 20 robins flew to the bush right outside the picture window. I got excited for a minute until I stepped outside to investigate further....froze my arse off!

View PostDevil,

I'm actually WAY behind what I had planned. I still have 93 blanks to spin off cwm31.gifcwm31.gifredface.gif

I am working on 200 of the top pic 200 of the bottom pic and 300 canal pencils but they are not ready for a pic smile.gif so I don't feel bad for ya525

View PostBob........last night....Bs4sure and I killed them on skins.....................

You should have been here....fish to 40 lbs........tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Yeah..I heard all about it. I just woke up and am packing the bikes up to head down. What size...still the 7 ouncers? I've got plenty of them.

I'll meet you at pole 585 say around 0100? I'll bring the Goldschlager beers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gif

Make sure you grab Mat and the "oldman"...don't worry about the beer..

BS4sure says he's buying...beers.gif bring plenty of plugs as they are on top at sunrise....biggrin.gif ...(plus the fact you've been known to crack off a few).cwm27.gif

There's so many fish down here that even Joe GGGGGGGG might be able to land one...(that might be stetching it a bit)..icon24.gifcwm31.gif