Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jibbel

I was looking in my garage and came across these

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I am not a fly fisherman but last year I was given these by a friend. I don't know how much these are worth if they are even worth anything. I am unsure if I am going to sell them but I at least want to see if these are good or not. And feel free to make a offer I know this isn't the selling forum and I am not intending on selling them but if a offer sounds good I will smile.gif

Don't quit your day job...

Looks like a lot of that stuff probably came in a flyfishing kit...not worth much if anything at all. They are pretty decent flies for panfish though.

Not worth much on the open market I'm afraid. But you could really beat up on some panfish and small bass at your local pond with those. Why not get a starter fly outfit and have at it? smile.gif

Alan

The reason I didn't put them in the BST is because I am not really looking to sell them I figured they probally are not worth anything. And I was right haha. I just wanted to know what I had on my hands. But I suppose this will finally give me the push I need to start fly-fishing. I mean hell I mine as well since they are just sitting there right?

Most of those are wet flies, soft hackle type patterns....most of those in the pics with red tails. They will sink under the surface and are intended to be swung in the current like a mepps spinner or retrieved slowly in still water.

There are a couple dry flies there too intended to be fished on the surface of the water....that one in the top middle of the top pic is a caddis, the one with brown deer hair, the moth looking one. Or the one in the lower right corner of the top pic appears to be a bivisable dry.

Otherwise there is a wooly bugger type pattern (that big black one in the middle), a topwater popper (the one with the white rubbery legs), and a few I am not sure of cwm13.gif . They are a little rough around the edges, but they'll work.

I am sure you can catch some fish on them in your local farm pond. That's where they will serve you best IMHO.

Good luck!

Alan

If you decide to try flyfishing, let me know. I'll send you a good assortment of flies that will catch. No cost...but I'd like to have that dragonfly one to add to my collection of wierd flies.

Flyfishing is a lot of fun, you'd probably like it.

View PostIf you decide to try flyfishing, let me know. I'll send you a good assortment of flies that will catch. No cost...but I'd like to have that dragonfly one to add to my collection of wierd flies.

Flyfishing is a lot of fun, you'd probably like it.

That's the one!smile.gif

Gotta agree with the others. These look like the ultra cheap packets of flies that were sold at Wal-Mart type store years ago. Couple bucks a dozen. They tended to be tied with hackle that was too long and weird colors.

Like I said I just wanted to see what I had and what they were worth if anything I really am not looking to sell them but I think the trade for the dragon fly does sound interesting pm me and we will talk more. I believe I will going fly-fishing for the first time this year smile.gif