Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weakfishin'NY

March Trip to Bradenton or Stuart Area

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Not sure what coast I am going to yet, but the last few time I have went down I have wanted to go out on a party boat but have not gotten any good reviews. The last time I actually sat at the dock and the captain's wife told me that it was not worth it to go out because it was so slow. Just wondering if you guys knew of any good party boats to go out on in either area? Or am better off just fishing from a local dock/jetty/pier? Thanks

I'm in Stuart now, for the first time, visting from RI. The wife and I checked out Sebastian inlet over the weekend. The action seemed pretty good, in spite of the relatively cold temperatures. We saw some black drum and sheepshead coming over the rail. Next time down, I would bring a spinning rod for that. I noticed later that bridges are generally better set up to accomodate fishermen, like the Rt1 and 5 bridges in central Stuart - work checking out.

I had checked around before coming and gotten a recommendation for the "Seven B's", and Point Judith boat that goes out of Fort Pierce. $50/day. You can find them on Google. I decided to pass due to the weather.

I did go out with a local charter, Greg Scherer, who took 3 of us out on his 18' Hewes flats boat. Greg targets mainly snook, and that fishing ought to be better later in the spring. He works the St. Lucie River. He was a great guide - if you want to know more, PM me.

Last thing, guys go fishing for sharks off the beach here. Just like surf casting up north, but you need a good spinning reel and heavier terminal tackle (mainly). An acquaintance haded me a rod this morning with the drag screaming out and a 6 foot black tip on the other end. Whoa baby!

View Post The last time I actually sat at the dock and the captain's wife told me that it was not worth it to go out because it was so slow.

You already know who to go with, that kind of honesty is hard to find in the charter industry. Most times it's said after you have paid the fare.

I've fished the Anglers Dream out of Placida a few times. Always caught fish. Mostly grunt and snappers, but the guys with pin fish got some nice Gag and Red groupers, cobia, hog fish, and some kings. Always baracudas around too.

Steve