Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltwaterhabits

Quonnie visit

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Breaking the winter doldums. It was desolate and cool,but it still said...soon...soon, be patient.

This wasn't just a nature hike. I had a rendezvous with Tiger,primarily to pick-up plugs. Had a very good tme. For those who have not met him..enthusistic and pleasant. As it turned out we have much in common.

Yesterday I was with another RI Forumite..Jimmy Z. Again, another very good person..

Yup... I was at my b-way playing with the Avet. Too much mag... but zero blow-ups. Had it on a 9' S-glass Lami. Not a bad match. Nice day.... felt good.

Kev any conventional rods you looking to get rid of let me know .

I have a reel coming i have to find a rod yet..

Nice going to the ocean off season.

Good air no one around .

I was at PJ a couple of weeks ago ,, ocean was rough as hell lotta wind

and 1 trawler out there about 1/4 mile off shore .

View PostYeah,I've got a couple spots I'd love to try for year round residents.I'm sure they're there,but I haven't tried,YET.biggrin.gif

if u put your tip ups on inner tubes on open water is it still ice fishin beers.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Good to meet you Mike.. its hard for us new yorkers to get used to friendly people!! Were always lookin over our shoulder.. but seriously... Nice to be welcomed thanks Mike very much. Hope you enjoyed the rest of this glorious day!

I got a couple of crazy looks yesterday, practicin' with my new 11'er and conventional, at dead low, off the docks at Haines Memorial State Park..water must have been a 1/4 inch deep

View PostI got a couple of crazy looks yesterday, practicin' with my new 11'er and conventional, at dead low, off the docks at Haines Memorial State Park..water must have been a 1/4 inch deep

,,thinking of doing the same w/o the looks hopefully. I'm getting a conventional reel this week and intend to practice,practice to avoid looking like a major doofus this summer ...probably a nice quiet abandoned beach.

View Post,,thinking of doing the same w/o the looks hopefully. I'm getting a conventional reel this week and intend to practice,practice to avoid looking like a major doofus this summer ...probably a nice quiet abandoned beach.

I fished a baitcaster in the fresh for years so it really wasnt that big a deal...at all, had it down in a 1/2 dozen casts.....(this is when I started conv. I have been throwing one for a few years now)..I was out testing a new reel and rod...purglass 350-2 is the shat..nice rod..the quantum cabo conventional I got has the slowest retrieve I have ever seen...

View PostI was there too... look for a Fordf150 with CRMC stickers, cb antenna and big guy typically drinking coffee and say hi

Was this Ford red by any chance ? Back full of snow & a shovel ?