Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maineskiff

reef fishing regs

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

going down to Tavernier on Tuesday for a week. Renting a boat and plan on doing some reef fishing ( Hens and Chickens, Mollasaes)

Questions: Do you have to use steel circle hooks, have a venting tool on board, hook remover? I see it's for the Gulf fisherey. Not a big deal, I can get those items and I'll use them. We just want to be compliant.

We'll probaly only fish a little out at the reefs, depending on the wind/seas. Mostly fishing on the flats but I just want to be prepared.

Thanks in advance guys.

Yes,

To vent tool, non-stainless circle hooks, and dehooker. FYI any dehooker counts you don't need the ARC brand.

Also all grouper is closed in the Gulf as starting Feb 15th. Some have already closed as of Feb 1

and if a porpiss eats more than 2 of you snapper you still can not shoot it, it will happen and he is protected. he will let you have all the trigger fish and aj's you want however he has no limit on reds and he don't want you to catch ur limit either.

Thanks for the info guys. We did well. Lots of Cuda and some yellow tails. Saw a bottle nose but we were running and gunning at the time.

The sail bite was great also. The warm temps really turned on the fishing.

Sure is cold up here.