Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
watukie

How different is the ride on a JB

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Can't speak for the 20' although I've been on one only in the bay......took our 2008 23' on a 70 mi. ride ocean side from Barnegat Light to Raritan Bay, SH...the boat can handle alot of water for it's size and the yammi F-250 on the back has enough cranking power to pull a stump........great ride, we like it.

From what I have been told by someone who owns a 1910LT and rode on the 23, he said the 23 ride was awesome. There is a difference and not just based on the length..

watukie while i have not been in a jb 20 in anything other than glass condition's . I will say i have been on a 23-24 ? outside in choppy 3-5' and stayed quite dry .The boat as expected had the normal knee's as shock's hop and drop , but no pounding or kidney joust.....I say if you can afford the jone's go the latter for ocean-ability..just my .02 tongue.gif

I own a 2008 CF20 and it will run anywhere that the 23 does in the same conditions. Matter of fact mine is now sold and I will be picking up my 2009 CF20 in about two months!biggrin.gif

The deciding factor should be how many people you plan to take out. I generally fish with one other person and once in a while with two other guys. I primarily fly fish and just prefer one other guy aboard.

Maybe the biggest advatage of the 20 is that running it with an F150 will cost you half as much fuel to run the same distance. The 23 should be rigged with the F250. Do not put the F150 on the 23. I know they are pushing this package but it will be a big mistake!

Ask Brian Horsely this question. He will tell you the same thing.

Tight lines, Bob

View PostFoulhook,

Is there any difference between the 08 and 09 models that you switched?

Nope, because of what I do for a living I always have my boats up for sale. As far as I see it the only reason to not have it for sale is if you plan on being burried with it! Got my asking price and going to get a 2009! Always keeps me in a new boat this way. Latest and greatest electronics as well..

Tight lines, Bob

PS. Donnie did change the consoles for 2009 but really doesn't mean much to me. He does offer the 23 with a coffin box now!

This is what I get everytime:

Cape Fish 20 SP JBS20

Super Fish Console w/Cooler, Windshield & Grab Rail,Sea

Star Hydraulic Steering Stainless Steering Wheel,

Navigation Lights, Six Gang Booted Switch Panel, Ten

Gang Fuse Panel, Wiring for Battery to Console, Cell Phone

Plug, Flush Anchor Locker, Flush Compass, Three Stainless

Cleats, Four Stainless Deck Mounted Rod Holders, Poly

Rod Racks (Port & Starboard), Auto Bilge Pump, Jump

Seats, Self Bailing Cockpit, Non-Skid Gunwales and

Cockpit, Foam Flotation, 57 Gallon Fuel Tank

YAMAHA OUTBOARD F150TXR

S/N 63PXIncludes

Rigging, Complete Instruments, Command Link

Gauges, SS Prop and SS 10 Micron Fuel Filter

39,260.00 39,260.00

Deluxe AL LP w/Storage. 2,092.00 2,092.00

Trim Tabs and switch 1,250.00 1,250.00

Lite Tackle Edition Package (Pop-Up Bow Light, Three

Pull-Up Cleats, Cockpit Lights, Tackle Locker, Console

Rod Rack)

1,200.00 1,200.00

Wiring/Switches for Dual Battery option on the B20/23 and

CF 18/1910/20/23

460.00 460.00

Batteries 2 204.00 408.00

Subtotal 44,670.00 You would be looking at about 38K realistically.

Figure another 2K for electronics and 2.5K for a trailer...

Tight lines, Bob

View PostThe 1910 LT rides better than the 20. The 23 rides better than the 1910.

Pretty matter of fact statement. Care to elaborate?

I run the 20 and know someone who spends most of his summer in a 1910. We fished together last fall and his comment was that the 20 seemed a slight bit more apt to pound but the tradeoff was a drier ride. Made sense since it has 6" more beam for roughly the same length. Personally I like the extra space in the 20' and don't find the ride particularly rough if you use the tabs to your advantage and don't try to drive like a madman in rough conditions. 23' is another story but also significantly more $ for the boat and ongoing fuel costs.

Sean