Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fcap60

Abu Record 60 ?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

i picked up a Abu Record 60 today from someone who was tossing it out. I was really only interested in spare parts, but the more I played with it, the more parts I found from other abus -so I think have the record 60 1 step closer to fully functional.

Anyway, Once I pick up a spindel, I should be good to go.

Seems like it the spool is very shallow and doesn't hold much line. Any reports, comments, reviews, on the reel ?

Also, any suggestion for abu parts ?

Thanks

They make a record 60hc with a higher line cap.I have one and really enjoy using it.Damn nice little reel.Looked around at what a good alternative to this reel would be and keep coming up empty and back to just buying another record 60 HC.I lost the Anti reverse last season and just called abu for the parts.They were fast and easy to work with.

View Posti picked up a Abu Record 60 today from someone who was tossing it out. I was really only interested in spare parts, but the more I played with it, the more parts I found from other abus -so I think have the record 60 1 step closer to fully functional.

Anyway, Once I pick up a spindel, I should be good to go.

Seems like it the spool is very shallow and doesn't hold much line. Any reports, comments, reviews, on the reel ?

Also, any suggestion for abu parts ?

Thanks

I wish someone who lived near me threw that kind of stuff out. drool.gifclapping.gifbiggrin.gif

Knowing nothing I just picked up the Record RCN 60 HC. It seems like a pretty slick reel which I hope will throw 1oz and enjoy it.

The only thing that surprised me is that I have to take it apart to do anything with the mag brake and I'm just not that brave yet. Live and learn or so I hope.

smile.gif

Thanks guys. I'mconfident I have the last piece of the RECORD in order now. Upon a cursory inspection, it was obvious that the reel had no PAWL and no C-CLIP. Once I opened it up, it was missing the SPINDLE as well.

Forunately, I had a PAWL and C-CLIP in my inventory. Once I removed the spindel from another ABU to test the RECORD she was smooth as silk.

Just oredered a spindel and a few more back-up components last night.

....and yes. 145 yds of #14 is what this RECORD 60 is rated at.

I don't like using braid on my abus, but since the line capacity on this reel is low, I think I'll give fireline #20 (or something similar) a try.

Thanks guys.

I have both Records and use 30# Sufix on the low capacity and get 200yds which is plenty for what I use the reel for. I use 50# sufix on the HC and get 300yds. They are very smooth Abus. I'm one of the few who seem to like a thumb bar because I fish this reel plugging in Fl everglades ,where speed casting is important . JP

I own the record 61 (6000 class lefty high speed with the big handel) and I also own the record 51 ((5000 class lefty high speed with retro fitted big handel)..

Well after I bought those two reels I sold every other 6000 am 5000 class ABU I had except my sports mag. Doe that tell you something about the quality of these reels?

Saltwater worthy, tough , and very high quality parts.....

But they need some love... by that I mean you gotta hot rod them or else they are dorky and dont cast well ...

You need to add ceramic bearings to the spool, take out the plastic shaft center position lock in the end caps and throw that part right into the garbage. And a ball bearing idler gear and a dual ball bearing level wind upgrade... afte that "Oh my God what a sweet reel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I sold every 6000 and 5000 class Abu I had ... they are that good.. and they dont rot in salt watersmile.gif made in Sweden baby...

Awesome:

You turned me on to "take out the plastic shaft center position lock in the end caps and throw that part right into the garbage" a few years ago. to may a story short, I have a garbage can full of those things.

fcap60, snap in some ceramic bearings and then the dual bearing level wind kits, the reels performance goes up 200 percent. Its another world, very pleasing to use.

try it heart.gif

View Postfcap60, snap in some ceramic bearings and then the dual bearing level wind kits, the reels performance goes up 200 percent. Its another world, very pleasing to use.

try it heart.gif

that good huh? i just picked up the 60hc this weekend, at first i wasnt crazy, the more i played with it, the more i liked it. wife didnt understand why i liked it so much over "the red one" i have that is the same size. i gave her both and she told me the old red one felt just like a pepper grinder compared to the record. i really liek the thumb release.