Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrCorvina

wich rod for a abu 5600 C4 ????

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys I need your advise.Im new ,very new with artificials lures.

I like conventionals reels,and i got my eyes set on a light,fast retrieven abu 5600 C4.Now a need a rod , the rod need to be strong to land a srtipper, and ligth in weight, Im like, the farder= the bigger

Lure form 5/8oz to 2oz

Do you know any good 2oz lures for strippers??

Im avail to trow a 5oz lead with a 400S Calcutta loaded with 50lb power pro, and a penn 11'3" 2oz-8oz heavy action ,with out effort 100yds.

How far can you trow a 2oz???????????

Thanks MrCorvina.

I have the 5601C4 on a custom Loomis L844 GL2(7'; 3/8 - 2 1/4). Really sweet Weakfish rod, although I use it primarily to bucktail Fluke (from a boat). If you want to handle the same lure range, but with a bit more length, the L904GL2 is 7'6, but Loomis only sells the blank, not the completed rod. The L905 GL2 will hanlde from 1/2 - 3 ounces, and is also 7'6, but is only sold as a blank. These models were recommeded to me by a few West Coast fishermen who use them to toss plastics.

A note on the C4 - the drag washers will have to be replaced after a while (especially if you plan on using it for Stripers). Mine were worn out after about 10 trips (Fluke and Weaks). I'm looking for more durable washers, and have tried Ht-100's, but they are too thick.

Good luck, Billy

If you want the best washers for your Abu, call Frank Z at Betty & Nicks and ask him for the "Green" drag washers. Tell him Eric told you to call him. I have these drag washers in all my Abu's and my Penn's, and I must say they are the best I have ever used.

------------------

Tight lines

Eric "Big Swed"

CustomSurfTackle@aol.com