ups or usps

G Lech

View PostUSPS delivery conformation is a waste of $.It only tracks that it is supposed to be in transit if label is printed on computer.Even if dropped off at PO. It only tells you what city or zip it was delivered to.It could go to wrong address and you can not tell.I have seen this happen. I won't waste my .60.

Not to add fuel to this fire but I have a USPS delivery confirmation that an ebayer has filled out a USPS delivery confirmation label electronically for something I purchased. That's the only update since 1/30/09 and it's supposed to be coming Priority mail. I check every night, so far squatoosh. mad.gif

"Endeavor to persevere" Lone Watie

View PostBluefish is right about paypal first class but you can only use that first class clickNship through fleabay, not in the usps reg clickNship.

Wrong. You can ship any method you want via paypal and it doesn't have to do anything w/ ebay. I ship media mail, priority mail, 1st class, parcel post. There is a link I can provide but I'm not sure if TimS will allow it. Is the USPS consider a commercial website? I think I'll post the link anyways since this is BST relevant. If moderators feel this is inappropriate, please delete link. I think it should be here, however, to help out fellow SOLers w/ shipping. This is why Paypal is great. You pay me w/ paypal, I ship thru paypal and then wait for my mailman and give them package. No need to leave the house and wait in the lines at the PO w/ all the idiots tying up the line w/ stupid questions. Also, this is how you ship thru paypal even when somebody doesn't pay you w/ paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

View PostNot to add fuel to this fire but I have a USPS delivery confirmation that an ebayer has filled out a USPS delivery confirmation label electronically for something I purchased. That's the only update since 1/30/09 and it's supposed to be coming Priority mail. I check every night, so far squatoosh. mad.gif

My guess is he lied to you and sent it parcel post(sometimes priority is slow though). Many ebayers do this and if you know parcel post, itcan take up to 2 weeks for delivery. As far as scanning the label, it is up to individual POs--some are really good and scan the pkg when it processed and sent out, while others just send it out and it only gets scanned when delivered since they don't have a set policy. Sometimes, the tracking is just as good as FEDEX and UPS and other times, it only shows label printed and delivery.

High end items, one of a kinds , send it Signature Confirmation...gets tracked and someone has to sign for it, when they say they never recieved it, you've got a time and name. And yes, parcel post is the cheapest and slowest way to send a package. Reels, flat rate box.

Surfcasting is NOT a crime.

usps for small objects and rods. cause its cheap and fast.

anything small and under 13oz. usps first class mail.

rods priority across the country in 3 days.. better then 6 days with ups/fed ground. for about the same price..

for heavy items that wont fit in a flat rate. ups/fed ground does fine. as its cheaper then usps.

anything expensive and i want to know where it is,, ups/fed. alot better tracking then usps

i use 2/3 rule for trading. join date, posts, or vouch. whoever has less goes first.

(*member formerly known as 'ooeric')

View PostMy guess is he lied to you and sent it parcel post(sometimes priority is slow though). Many ebayers do this and if you know parcel post, itcan take up to 2 weeks for delivery. As far as scanning the label, it is up to individual POs--some are really good and scan the pkg when it processed and sent out, while others just send it out and it only gets scanned when delivered since they don't have a set policy. Sometimes, the tracking is just as good as FEDEX and UPS and other times, it only shows label printed and delivery.

I had a trumpet shipped Parcel Post from San Diego. It left there on 1/21. Got here yesterday. My pals at the PO say... Parcel post is getting VERY slow... and then will get slower.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts" Jack Johnson.

View PostWrong. You can ship any method you want via paypal and it doesn't have to do anything w/ ebay. I ship media mail, priority mail, 1st class, parcel post. There is a link I can provide but I'm not sure if TimS will allow it. Is the USPS consider a commercial website? I think I'll post the link anyways since this is BST relevant. If moderators feel this is inappropriate, please delete link. I think it should be here, however, to help out fellow SOLers w/ shipping. This is why Paypal is great. You pay me w/ paypal, I ship thru paypal and then wait for my mailman and give them package. No need to leave the house and wait in the lines at the PO w/ all the idiots tying up the line w/ stupid questions. Also, this is how you ship thru paypal even when somebody doesn't pay you w/ paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Hey raider, thanks a bunch, I can't tell how many times I asked at the Post Office about ClickNship 1st class and they all told me only through fleabay. I do the same as you but always took my 1st class to the PO. Till NOW.cwm27.gif

The straw that broke AMERICA'S back "Free Trade/National Health Plan" Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

View PostI had a trumpet shipped Parcel Post from San Diego. It left there on 1/21. Got here yesterday. My pals at the PO say... Parcel post is getting VERY slow... and then will get slower.

Kev, that's really not bad...cross country , cheapest way possible...

Surfcasting is NOT a crime.