Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G Lech

ups or usps

26 posts in this topic

Trouble with UPS is they charge extra if you go into the UPS store (naturally)...if you don't have the ability to schedule UPS pickup they get ya.

View PostTrouble with UPS is they charge extra if you go into the UPS store (naturally)...if you don't have the ability to schedule UPS pickup they get ya.

Provided that you have a scale, register for an account on their website and print your own label and drop it off anywhere that accept UPS. They can't charge for dropping off at the UPS store if the package is prepaid. I drop off all my packages at the Longs Drugstore by my house since they accept FEDEX, UPS, and USPS for no charge. They charge you for their service since they have to pay their employee to weigh and print your label.

Regarding prices, usually anything less than 5 lbs is cheaper w/ USPS. If heavier, go w/ UPS. Also, if heavier but fits inside a flat-rate box, go w/ USPS(flat-rate box is like $10 and large flat-rate box is $13). If you need insurance, go w/ UPS. USPS is horrible w/ insurance claims.

Oh yeah, FEDEX ground is cheaper than UPS ground.

View Postwho usually has better prices it seems to me ups is more that the post office what are your opinions

USPS for smaller objects (Don't use the paypal print now option) It's cheaper at the post office.....and use UPS for heavier objects.....!!!!!!!

Teddy

View PostUSPS for smaller objects (Don't use the paypal print now option) It's cheaper at the post office.....and use UPS for heavier objects.....!!!!!!!

Teddy

I find the opposite to be true. Paypal's print now option only charges .18 for delivery confirmation and the USPS charges .75. The Zone/weight charges seem identical.headscratch.gif

View PostI find the opposite to be true. Paypal's print now option only charges .18 for delivery confirmation and the USPS charges .75. The Zone/weight charges seem identical.headscratch.gif

You can ship a plug with confirmation through the post office for $2.00 - $2.40 compared to $4.00+ through paypal...Unless you know a secret and can share that with me.....smile.gif . PM me....

Thanks

Teddy

View PostYou can ship a plug with confirmation through the post office for $2.00 - $2.40 compared to $4.00+ through paypal...Unless you know a secret and can share that with me.....smile.gif . PM me....

Thanks

Teddy

Is that because PayPal is Priority mail only and USPS gives you a choice of Priority or the cheaper route - First Class. Delivery confirmation is available with both.

View PostYou can ship a plug with confirmation through the post office for $2.00 - $2.40 compared to $4.00+ through paypal...Unless you know a secret and can share that with me.....smile.gif . PM me....

No secret, just choose 1st class. 1-3 lures in a bubblepack usually runs between $2.20-$3.50 or so depending on actual final weight. As long as your under 13 ounces, USPS first class via paypal is the cheapest option I've found and usually arrives in 2-4 days average.

View PostI think bigger stuff may be less UPS.The USPS flat rate boxs are great if a heavy item fits in it.Look for USPS prices to go up in May.

Already went up on priority mail from 4.80 to 4.95 as starting point.

Thanks

Teddy

If you use the "print shipping label" through your paypal account, you have the option of Priority Mail which now STARTS at 4.95 (was 4.80), and includes delivery confirmation, or First class mail and del. conf is 18 cents. It costs me roughly 2.20 to ship a plug or two (possibly 3) from MA to NJ, NY,CT.

If you go to USPS dot com, and sign up you do not have the choice, it is only Priority...I don't know why, and neither does my local postmaster...yup, that's how bored I am...I actually have conversations about the US mailkooky.gifkooky.gif

View PostNo secret, just choose 1st class. 1-3 lures in a bubblepack usually runs between $2.20-$3.50 or so depending on actual final weight. As long as your under 13 ounces, USPS first class via paypal is the cheapest option I've found and usually arrives in 2-4 days average.

Thanks......I'll try that. I tired of waiting in line...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmad.gif .

Teddy

USPS delivery conformation is a waste of $.It only tracks that it is supposed to be in transit if label is printed on computer.Even if dropped off at PO. It only tells you what city or zip it was delivered to.It could go to wrong address and you can not tell.I have seen this happen. I won't waste my .60.

View PostNo secret, just choose 1st class. 1-3 lures in a bubblepack usually runs between $2.20-$3.50 or so depending on actual final weight. As long as your under 13 ounces, USPS first class via paypal is the cheapest option I've found and usually arrives in 2-4 days average.

Bluefish is right about paypal first class but you can only use that first class clickNship through fleabay, not in the usps reg clickNship.