Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassinJ

Looking for Quality Splitrings

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Im looking for some quality splitrings, but the catch is I want to buy them at a store, not online. Either a tackleshop, or a store like Dicks/Sports authority.

Do you think I can find some quality splitrings at these type of places, if so, can you tell me a brand that you'd go with? I plan to use them on 16a (and maybe A-salt) bombers, any specific size recommendations?

Thanks for any help.

View PostIm looking for some quality splitrings, but the catch is I want to buy them at a store, not online. Either a tackleshop, or a store like Dicks/Sports authority.

Do you think I can find some quality splitrings at these type of places, if so, can you tell me a brand that you'd go with? I plan to use them on 16a (and maybe A-salt) bombers, any specific size recommendations?

Thanks for any help.

I bought mine from Timmy here at the SOL store. Got the HD's and they are excellent. Don't remember if I got the 4's or 5 1/2s but ther are all you ever will need.

Spig

I like the HD rings you can buy right here on SOL. I even prefer them to Wolverines.

I can understand you wanting to support a local tackle shop, but preferring to buy them from Dick's or SA rather than from this website? headscratch.gifconfused.gifcwm13.gif

And no, Tim doesn't cut me in on a piece of the Online Store's profits wink.gif

I'd go either spro or wolverine split rings, preferably wolverine. I've found that spro tends to be the best brand you can find in the big tackle departments in dicks or sports authority, tackle shops should carry wolverine.

I dont have a credit card of my own, so I have to bug others to use theirs. This is why I don't want to use an online store.

Wondering if a tackleshop around the shore would carry the HD splitrings.

As for the spro's I think I've seen them around before, they're saltwater grade, and good quality compared the stock splitrings?

View PostI'd go either spro or wolverine split rings, preferably wolverine. I've found that spro tends to be the best brand you can find in the big tackle departments in dicks or sports authority, tackle shops should carry wolverine.

I tryed wolverine splitrings, they will not slide through the "hook spots" on the 16a bombers, I need something thinner in profile.

I was using the size 4, I don't think I want to go any smaller then that :p. It was the 3 rings that made it not be able to spin while on the bomber's "hook spots", so I want your standard 2 ringed splitring, but in a higher quality of course.

The online store offers various methods of payment. Place an order and tell Tim you want to send a money order. Go to 7-11 and pay the $1 for your MO and mail it to Tim.

Problem solved.....next!?

View PostAnother vote for the SOL - HD's, I have more confidence in these than I do the Wolverines.

Do you think these will fit on the bomber's "hook spots" and be able to freely slide through the spot without any problems? The wolverine rings were not able to due to being 3 ringed, I assume the "HD" rings your talking about are not 3ringed?

View PostDo you think these will fit on the bomber's "hook spots" and be able to freely slide through the spot without any problems? The wolverine rings were not able to due to being 3 ringed, I assume the "HD" rings your talking about are not 3ringed?

They will be fine.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the online store ones are Rosco HD rings, if you want to try looking for them in a shop.

The money order method will work, too.

I can vouch for how good the online store rings are--you'll need a good pair of split ring pliers to get them on your plug. You're not going to open those with your fingernails.

I have had pretty good success with Owner split rings. They're pretty heavy duty and haven't let me down so far. Hopefully, someone in your area may have them. Good luck with the search