New bait source

Rate this topic

Spigola

Alright, I know C bass fishing isn't really fishing but it does provide some tasty filets. Although jigging is all the rage these days for C bass, hanging a bit of meat on a jig is always a good idea.

After leaving my cardiologists office today, I stopped in the Asian Market on Rt 70 in Cherry Hill to look around. I discovered they have some of the most gorgeous squid I may have ever seen and not expensive. Better than alot of the crap we see in lots of tackle shops.

Spig

View PostAlright, I know C bass fishing isn't really fishing but it does provide some tasty filets. Although jigging is all the rage these days for C bass, hanging a bit of meat on a jig is always a good idea.

After leaving my cardiologists office today, I stopped in the Asian Market on Rt 70 in Cherry Hill to look around. I discovered they have some of the most gorgeous squid I may have ever seen and not expensive. Better than alot of the crap we see in lots of tackle shops.

Spig

Why is sea bass fishing not really fishing? I for one am not ashamed to say I sea bass fish and Enjoy it. I fish for them inshore and offshore. It became even more fun since I started fishing Lucanus jigs for them.

View PostWhy is sea bass fishing not really fishing? I for one am not ashamed to say I sea bass fish and Enjoy it. I fish for them inshore and offshore. It became even more fun since I started fishing Lucanus jigs for them.

Dyed in the wool blackfishermen do not consider C-bass a very difficult fish to catch. Hence, it is not real fishing.wink.gif

View PostDyed in the wool blackfishermen do not consider C-bass a very difficult fish to catch. Hence, it is not real fishing.wink.gif

johnny come lately blackfish EXPERTS are like the 90s Striper Experts; elitists. They think no one caught these fish until they came along.

I have favorite fish to pursue, like everyone but fishing for ANYTHING is better than sitting on the couch; PERIOD.

it's not just about the pursuit/bite/fight/eatability; it's about being out there, with friends or making new friends and having fun. If not, it'd be WORKheadscratch.gif

View Postjohnny come lately blackfish EXPERTS are like the 90s Striper Experts; elitists. They think no one caught these fish until they came along.

I have favorite fish to pursue, like everyone but fishing for ANYTHING is better than sitting on the couch; PERIOD.

it's not just about the pursuit/bite/fight/eatability; it's about being out there, with friends or making new friends and having fun. If not, it'd be WORKheadscratch.gif

I agree that fishing for anything is better than sitting at home.

I don't consider myself a Johnny come lately blackfish expert. I am fishing for them for more than 50 years and worked the deck of a boat that specialized in togin'. If that makes me a Johnny come lately elitist, so be it.wink.gif

View PostI agree that fishing for anything is better than sitting at home.

I don't consider myself a Johnny come lately blackfish expert. I am fishing for them for more than 50 years and worked the deck of a boat that specialized in togin'. If that makes me a Johnny come lately elitist, so be it.wink.gif

But you KNOW what I mean. Guys who will rather sit at home rather than go fishing for something "else" or look down their noses at those that DO.

Hell, I ain't gonna lie and tell you I prefer ling fishing (I compare it to pulling up a wet sock from the bottom). BUT there is a technique (obviously when some peepz are filling buckets and I'm not), I've met some GREAT guys while doing it and Lady Di loves to eat them. [she was making a lasagne sunday and I made a ling lasagne with the left over sauce/gravy and it was the cat's azz].

As much as I love toggin', I'd rather fish for a specie that's actually ACTIVELY biting rather than fish all day long for 1 bite. confused.gif

Nothin' wrong with ling fishing. Ate a tasty fried ling sandwich for lunch just yesterday. For me, ling are just fish of last resort... when I just gotta get out of the house, I'll do a ling sling.

And there definitely is a knack... there is a reason some buckets are full and others, well, aren't.

Personally, though, I prefer to save limited funds for other/better (IMO) trips. 2 ling trips = 1 DE/MD tog trip or 1 Montauk Cod trip or 3 fluke trips in my ride or a Sandy Hook night pass or a HUGE lobster roll (guess what I'm havin' for dinner).

Here's to the belittled, scorned, but O' so tasty Red Hake.

beers.gif

I made friends with the woman who owns the Asian market near my house . I always stop by after a day of fishing and give her a few fish . In return she loads me up with some beautiful , jumbo squid and some very tasty home made dumplings . I can get enough bait out of one squid for at least 2 or 3 fluke trips . Very thick flesh that holds up well .

---

View Postjohnny come lately blackfish EXPERTS are like the 90s Striper Experts; elitists. They think no one caught these fish until they came along.

icon14.gif

Is it too much to ask to just breathe, be able to walk and go fishing?

clapping.gif well said

Wanting to catch tog and not ling does not make one an elitist. Its a matter of choice. "I" prefer trying to catch tog than fishing for ling. Thats the choice I make and the chance I take. I tried today and didn't do well. So be it. Now if I want to fish for tog I will travel south where the water is warmer. I might fish for sea bass offshore. I like seabass. The bigger ones put up a decent fight and they taste good. What I won't do is fish for ling. Period. I don't like fishing for ling. Thats my choice. Now Lab...if you would like to discuss this further, we can always meet at the OB diner, and after a nice breakfast of french toast, minus the crust of course, eggs and some coffee,I will gladly take you outside and punch you right in your Irish nose.smile.gifsmile.gif I even made sure I put two "smileys" in there.

I forgot one thing. To me,an elitist is someone who fishes for the SAME species and looks down on someone who uses a different METHOD to catch said species. An example would be striper fishing with plugs as opposed to bait,or fly fishing as opposed to bait or plugs.

Personally,if I'm fishing for tog or seabass and I catch a ling I will certainy keep it if its big enough to provide some decent sized fillets. Thats all.

I still love you Labby,even though you fish for ling.kiss.gif

The Magnificent Presence

Baby Al automatically thinks HE'S an elitist.

The words I think of when you're name arises Sir MickRazz:

1. Quick out of the Gate

2. Fades down the stretch

3. Hack

4. High Vis Line

5. AVERAGE tasting Venison Stew

(please feel free to assume I've added smiley faces here)

Who luvs ya Baby?

You NEED a tongue ring!