Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jig Man

I got better....

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Seeing an early Winch plug thread get bumped up and Winch adding some recent photos gave me the idea for this thread. How about a shot or two of some of your first borns along with something you've finished recently.

Top one was done in 2001. Ain't she a beauty redface.gif The other two pikies I just wired up.

I've improved a little over the years smile.gif Soooo, lets see some other old ones and new ones!

Jigman

I agree. Every so often I'll be digging in a box and find something that I made years ago and get a chuckle out of it. The first one there was done with a pocket knife and a rasp. Made my own hook hangers too.

Jigman

First pic is from 04 or 05, I started in 04. Those little poppers worked awesome. I still have one in my bag. Some pencils and polaris styles.

The second pic is a plastic lip swimmer from 07. Turned on 7 centers and with the Lexan lip. 08 was a bust, I've been renovating for a year. 09 is starting with more of the same kind of stuff.

View PostFirst off you guys have crazy skills...but I was wondering how your first ones caught.

It was successful 2 hours after I completed it, that's how I got the bug.

My first, hand carved from a closet pole.biggrin.gif

My latest, A DMag hybrid pikie and a Minivin surfster for the cancer crushers lot and a foiled Etch frog, for Etchsmile.gif.

Some good stuff here smile.gif

Couple more from me. An early topwater from a swap in, I think 02, and a recent spook type:

Other side of the spook:

In case the glare makes it hard to read: Eat Me , Bluefish biggrin.gif

Gull, I don't think I caught on that one. I made several more swimmers over that winter that did catch that spring. They were equally poorly made redface.gif I have a couple of handcarved poppers from the mid 90's somewhere that I did up for bluegill. Those caught real well. A pain to make so I pretty much gave it up until I ran across this site and these guys, ummm rolleyes.gif forced me into making plugs. I was happy just snorting lead and tying bucktails until then.

Jigman

I started back in "04 with a couple large poppers. Refined my methods, had some help with turning bodies and got down to business in '05.

Picture #1 first couple cuttyhunk poppers; Pictures #2,3,4 most recent stuff.

I traded the first two poppers so I don't know if they caught or not. redface.gif