Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boogieman

Lamiglas is on my ---- list

Rate this topic

246 posts in this topic

mad.gif I just heard from Bob at wickford rod works that Lamiglas WILL NOT be covering my month old csb120-2 triflex under their warranty!!!

I broke the thing right where the 2 sections come together while casting out the day after i got married!!! The warranty people said i didn't put the 2 pieces together right and thats why it failed!!! ***!!!! I just got off the phone with them and the lady said she would look into it and get back to me!!! I hope they take care of this or its ON!!!

As many of you have seen i have some pictures of me floating around with the new St. Croix legend and the picture of me in field and stream would have had my lamiglas in it had it not been broken!!!! I'm not looking for a free rod by any stretch of the imagination put for them to say that it was a rookie move like not putting the rod together right is BS!!! I'm 41 years old and have been fishing 40 of that all over the world and NEVER has this happened before!!!

IF thats their answer back I AM DONE WITH THEM!!!! I won't even borrow a lami none the less recommend them!!!mad.gif

Has anyone else had a problem with lami warranty service?

Last Fall, I had a new Lami snap when I set a hook. Wrote a quick note, mailed it in with a check for $20, they mailed a new rod.

No complaints here.

My experiences were quite the reverse, always above and beyond their duty in my dealings with them. I would contact a customer service supervisor, and discuss your situation. I'm confident they will do right by you.

JMHO

Russ

So you are going on a tirade before they decide if they think it was user error - good thinking icon14.gif

BTW, did you tell them how much of a rookie you aren't when you sent the broken rod to them? Or were you hoping they would be able to guess?

Cause to be honest, I wouldn't know how much of a rookie you weren't if you hadn't just told us smile.gif

TimS

View PostMy experiences were quite the reverse, always above and beyond their duty in my dealings with them. I would contact a customer service supervisor, and discuss your situation. I'm confident they will do right by you.

JMHO

Russ

According to his post, they are looking into it, they are re-considering their initial determination and he already did make a stink. His tirade above is just in case they don't do the right thing icon14.gif

TimS

Sorry to hear that you are having warranty problems. In my 35+ years of fishing, I have reutrned three rods to Lamiglas for warranty. I have never had a problem. All the rods were replaced with new. I think the fact that I have only had three warranty claims in that period of time speaks for itself. As a matter of fact, I just bought another Lamiglas rod this afternoon.

Sorry

Lamiglas on this web site is like a religion, I had the same issue with another company, it was really upsetting when they came back to me and said it is my fault, a week later the CEO called me to apology. It is not right, rookie or not rookie, just replace the damn rod....

Who care if 5 customers are happy and they had good experience in the last 50 years replacing 25 rods. It is about me ,not them,...

View PostSo you are going on a tirade before they decide if they think it was user error - good thinking icon14.gif

BTW, did you tell them how much of a rookie you aren't when you sent the broken rod to them? Or were you hoping they would be able to guess?

Cause to be honest, I wouldn't know how much of a rookie you weren't if you hadn't just told us smile.gif

TimS

How did he try to prove how great of a fisherman he was???

I fish with the Boogie and he could outfish most of the people on this site.

If you think he was bragging by saying he was in a fishing magazine he was just proving he isn't terrible and that he has experience with fishing and that it WASN'T his fault.

They replaced my XRA 1084 even after I told them I slipped on a rock and fell on it. I had to pay wholesale cost + shipping for the replacement, I think that was more than fair since the break was completely my fault. It helps alot of you talk to their CSR like a rational human being, temper tantrums won't impress them.

Stop the press - Lamiglas Warrenty Alert. If you can "outfish" everyone on SOL lami will replace your broken rod, even if you put it over your own knee infront of a rep and snapped it in two.

View PostThey replaced my XRA 1084 even after I told them I slipped on a rock and fell on it. I had to pay wholesale cost + shipping for the replacement, I think that was more than fair since the break was completely my fault.

Did they replace it or did you pay for the replacement?