Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WorcBoy

Worcester Show

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I went last night around 6:30...very quiet. I guess was busy early in the day. Here is what I thought:

NO Penn, No Abu, no Berkley....bummer...

Daiwa had thier normal big booth, Shimano seemed smaller. I stopped by the Quantum booth and checked out the boca/cabos...nice stuff. I also was elbow to elbow with Kevin Van Dam.

Hogy was there also.Nice stuff, did not buy anything yet.

I bought a few plugs from Salty Bugger, who was in the section between the main floor and the boats. Right by the trout tank. He had some great one of colors. It was good to meet SB.clapping.gif At one point I had 8 or 9 lures in my hand, but the wallet last night dictated I only by 3...I am going back with more$ on Sunday.

Checked out the NEW St Croix surf rods. the 10 1/2 medium felt great....lightweight and a little softer than the Batson 1208 I extened. Seem like a pefect rod for 2 to 4oz wood. The 10ft and 9ft rods were way stiff . I think if they could soften the 9fter to the feel of the 10 1/2 it would be a good rod. The finish and guides looked great.Very nice for a factory rod. The LC guides & placement seemed OK. Obviously you never know till you fish it. The handle felt fine. Better than I expected. If I did not build my own rods and was in the market for one nice rod, I would consider it. If the blank is available I could see building one.

If you are into freshwater & SW fishing it is not a bad/night out. If you are a a diehard SW guy, stay home....

The only nice racks were at the scoring table....wink.gif Some guy had a huge 8/9 pt rack he was having scored.

Bill

View PostThanks......was the chamois gal there giving a product demonstration? wink.gif

NEGATIVE: It was a guy...

I call was made to a certain SOL member last night telling him the girl was HOT, but at that time said person was into a 12pack with another SOLer...even salty bugger tried to get him going, but he was holed up at home..no names, but you know who I am talking aboutwink.gif

View PostNEGATIVE: It was a guy...

I call was made to a certain SOL member last night telling him the girl was HOT, but at that time said person was into a 12pack with another SOLer...even salty bugger tried to get him going, but he was holed up at home..no names, but you know who I am talking aboutwink.gif

beers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gif

View PostNo Guppys?

Bob at the Fisherman's Line had a few left this afternoon. I thought it was a pretty good SPORTSMAN SHOW some new stuff to be had also checked out thw Daiwa Saltist reels, the 20 HA looked sweet with its super smooth feel and 6;1 to 1 ratio.