Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clamfritter

just trying to catch something off the beach. Help me PLEASE!

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Is anyone catching anything off the beach right now? If not in New Jersey how far south do I have to go to catch something off the beach? I want to go somewhere for 2-3 days in the next 2 weeks. Are there any strippers running in Virginia or the Outter Banks on the beach right now? If anyone can help me with these questions I'd sure appreciate it. I just joined the site and just want to catch a fish off the beach. Thanks.

Clam, now is not the best time for catching fish from the surf, the cold weather really effects the bite. Find warmer water and you will find fish more prone to bite so heading south is a good idea but in some time here and you won't have to travel as far.

If you want to stay in NJ, Monmouth and Ocean County has some spots where you may get herring or the occasional short. I'm guessing you are new to fishing so check out areas that are very popular and public or check with a local B&T.

It's a slow time but if nothing else, you can be out by yourself and practice throwing different lures, plugs, jigs, bait, or even just practice your casting. Watch how the water is moving. Winter is a great time to learn. Good luck.

View PostPick up some skiis!

Or a snowboard smile.gif . I am heading down to IBSP to clam dunk with my two little guys on Sunday. It is supposed to be in the mid 50's, and the need to stretch their little legs. A visit to Grumpy's will also help. They just love Tom.