Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Another Van Staal Question

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I came across a VS 150 LS with no Made In China anywhere on the reel or on the box, nor made in USA anywhere on the reel or box. How is one to tell where it is made? the serial number is #11931. Thanks in advance.

View PostIt doesn't matter as the number 11,000 puts you in the water proof drag category. It's the very early numbers that one needs to question.

So the early numbers put you into possible China models or just WP drag? I just want to make sure what I have is USA or China. WP Drag info on the 11,000 and up is good to know.

I think the sn#'s that are in the 18,000 range are a China product. Also, I think if the handle is one peice (not collapsable) it is a China product. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

View PostIt doesn't matter as the number 11,000 puts you in the water proof drag category. It's the very early numbers that one needs to question.

I have an early number serial number. Why would you question an original pre-zebco VS??

Might as well go to the source. Call Van Staal and they will tell you: 1-800-718-7335. I have purchased two used VS reels and both times they were very helpful in telling me about the reels I was considering buying, whether they had been serviced and most importantly that they had not been reported stolen.

RS

I just got off the phone with the Van Staal rep. Model #11931 was assembled in 2006 within the United States with parts made from all over the world. Van Staal reels made in China will have the "Made In China" on the reel stem.

The rep also stated that serial numbers 7000 and up were made with sealed drag.

View PostSo are we saing that the made in china ones are different. because I just got one that says made in china on the foot!

O no not again already! How about the 17887

Your reel's handle does not look like the reel handle in your signature picture. If that's correct, you have a Made in China reel. But then so do I and I'm just happy I own any VS biggrin.gif