Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Really rare Pichney jointed eel for sale.

31 posts in this topic

This is straight from Dozer's site. It is so rare that he doesn't even have a picture of one on his site.

This larger size jointed eel could be thrown with conventional tackle if need be. It was actually better-suited to beefy spinning gear. It worked best in sweeps where there was not much surf, such as on the inlet side or downtide side of ocean jetties. Most guys tended to overwork jointed eels. The trick was to barely let thejointed eel flutter and wriggle on the surface as it floated down tide. Due to the jointed action, a dead drift provided all the enticement necessary. Bass would blast it off the top as it floated overhead. It is my impression that Danny's Jointed Eel plug models are very rare.

In this color scheme, black over mustard yellow it's even more rare. It is never fished with some age lines and a couple of surface scratches but none into the coating. I am asking $350 shipped.

Hi Dave

Nice piece.

Actually it is a 'medium size' jointed pikie. I am attaching a pic of a large size. It is 11" long.

Bob

View PostThis is straight from Dozer's site. It is so rare that he doesn't even have a picture of one on his site.

This larger size jointed eel could be thrown with conventional tackle if need be. It was actually better-suited to beefy spinning gear. It worked best in sweeps where there was not much surf, such as on the inlet side or downtide side of ocean jetties. Most guys tended to overwork jointed eels. The trick was to barely let thejointed eel flutter and wriggle on the surface as it floated down tide. Due to the jointed action, a dead drift provided all the enticement necessary. Bass would blast it off the top as it floated overhead. It is my impression that Danny's Jointed Eel plug models are very rare.

In this color scheme, black over mustard yellow it's even more rare. It is never fished with some age lines and a couple of surface scratches but none into the coating. I am asking $350 shipped.

View PostBob, thanks for the correction. Dozer doesn't have a listing for this one at all. Does that mean that it was more rare?

just from what i have heard, and i may be wrong, i didnt think this one was that rare headscratch.gif or at least not more rare than the larger one....

View Postjust from what i have heard, and i may be wrong, i didnt think this one was that rare headscratch.gif or at least not more rare than the larger one....

That's not what I was told....I heard that the middle was the tough one and the color that I have was tougher. I could be wrong as well.

View PostBob, thanks for the correction. Dozer doesn't have a listing for this one at all. Does that mean that it was more rare?

I have a better collection than Russ......smile.gif

hard to say. They are both 'tough'. B

regardless tough or not, its a nice plug

I have a similar one in a larger size although I think your yellow belly is much tougher color

good luck Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0