Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knight771

BHO has to apologize again.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Solis Senate Session Postponed in Wake of Husband's Tax Lien Revelations

By Michael A. Fletcher

A Senate committee today abruptly canceled a session to consider President Obama's nomination of Rep. Hilda Solis to be labor secretary in the wake of a report saying that her husband yesterday paid about $6,400 to settle tax liens against his business -- liens that had been outstanding for as long as 16 years.

The report, by USA Today, came just before the Senate's Health Education Labor and Pensions Committee was slated to meet to consider Solis's nomination, which had been delayed by questions over her role on the board of the pro-labor organization American Rights at Work. A source said that committee members did not learn about the tax issue until today.

"Today's executive session was postponed to allow members additional time to review the documentation submitted in support of Representative Solis's nomination to serve in the important position of Labor Secretary," read a joint statement issued by Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.), the panel's chairman, and Mike Enzi (Wyoming), the committee's ranking Republican. "There are no holds on her nomination and members on both sides of the aisle remain committed to giving her nomination the fair and thorough consideration that she deserves. We will continue to work together to move this nomination forward as soon as possible."

No new date has been set for the hearing. The disclosure about Solis's husband comes after tax problems caused trouble for three of Obama's top appointees, leading two of them -- HHS-nominee Tom Daschle and Nancy Killefer, who was to be chief performance officer -- to withdraw.

Wait a ****ing minute! The ***** is seriously pro-labor AND her husband has been cheating on his taxes for 16 years!! Are you ****ing kidding me? She is BO's best choice for the Labor slot. **** why doesn't he just appoint whatshisname , the head of the UAW. This isn't change, this is the very worst of the Clinton whitehouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

View PostSomewhere in the whitehouse someone just fired up a Marboro and is wondering to himself "What the **** just happened?" cwm27.gif

Heck... I think I'm going outside to have a smoke myself. The entertainment value of all these appointments is almost too much. The sad reality though is that these people have no clue. Can't wait until Obama goes transparent. cwm27.gif

I do not know what was asked of these candidates during the initial vetting process, but you would think that would have amended the questions now to include: "Have you or your significant other (being political correct you know) failed to pay taxes on undeclared income or have any other issues with regards to our tax laws?" Note please use additional sheets of paper to explain your tax issues as needed.