Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zato

Fishing Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I'll be at Playa Del Carmen the 1st week in March. What type of fish can I expect to catch off the beach. What flies should I take. I'm bringing a 5,8 & 10 wt with me. I'll also book a couple of charters. Do they have Bone & Permit fishing from there. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Shadow for responding.I'am not fimilar with the area. How far is San Kaim from Playa Del Carmen. I'm not going to have my own transportation & I'll have to take a taxi or what ever they offer there.

Was there last year at that exact time. Did a day charter with Pesca Maya Lodge. Wasn't cheap $500 for the day, but they picked me up at the hotel in a nice AC van, drove me there which I would have never found on my own, fed me breakfast and lunch, nice bost with a guide and helper, couple beers after, nice ride home.Put me on plenty of fish, I also recommended it to another guy and he had the same experience.

I just googled pesca-maya and it shows all you need to know.I spent a week at Pesca-Maya in 96 when it first opened and had a lot of good fishing for all the species spoken about.The lodge has changed due to hurricanes between then and now.The road is also alot better.There are guides in Playa-Del Carmen so you may not need the cost of going to the "BIOSPHERE".Bop around on the computer.I didn't have that luxury back then.In fact I'm going to look alittle right now just to "SEE" what I can find.

Jr,

Have they improved that road into the lodge at all, that road was brutal when I went back in 2004. I think top speed was about 5 mph. It ended up being worthit thoughsmile.gif

Dave a friend of mine was in Punta Allen 2 weeks ago and the road was in great shape.I agree it was really bad when it's bad[seasick pills when traveling at night].