Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John O'

A little help please.

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Thinking about taking the wife and kids to FLA in April for some warm weather and relaxation (kids are 14, 11 and 9), we already did Disney so I was thinking of somewhere on the ocean, an economically friendly location where we can just hang on the beach or by the pool for a few days. Maybe some snorkeling, a little fishing, but the goal is NOT to run around to theme parks and spend a lot of money. And I DO NOT want to run into the Spring Break crowd. cwm13.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

That is tough to do in this neck of the woods. I was going to tell you to check out the Ocean Point Marriott. But they have Spring Bling around that time. I think the Marriott has a place up in Stuart. Not much going on up there.

April weather can be touch and go. We came down here over April break to look for a home in Sarasota and a cold front came in and the temps were in the 50's and 60's all week. Not too disappointing for us knowing that we were going to live here but if it's your vacation then it would stink.

I would head further south.....to the Keys. Islamorada is a neat spot to chill. The Islander Hotel is a family friendly place. Couple of pools...no beach to speak of but you can fish of the pier right out back. Also, in Key West there is the Casa Marina Hotel. They have a small beach....beautiful pool....and it's away from the craziness of downtown.

Good Luck.

View PostApril weather can be touch and go. We came down here over April break to look for a home in Sarasota and a cold front came in and the temps were in the 50's and 60's all week. Not too disappointing for us knowing that we were going to live here but if it's your vacation then it would stink.

I would head further south.....to the Keys. Islamorada is a neat spot to chill. The Islander Hotel is a family friendly place. Couple of pools...no beach to speak of but you can fish of the pier right out back. Also, in Key West there is the Casa Marina Hotel. They have a small beach....beautiful pool....and it's away from the craziness of downtown.

Good Luck.

Not a bad idea.

View PostApril weather can be touch and go. We came down here over April break to look for a home in Sarasota and a cold front came in and the temps were in the 50's and 60's all week. Not too disappointing for us knowing that we were going to live here but if it's your vacation then it would stink.

Good Luck.

Seems at a quick glance that there are not a lot of legitimate beaches at Islamadora, no? I've heard that before, that the Keys in general don't have nice beaches, is that true? headscratch.gif

Just asking, don't pounce. wink.gif

We got lotsa beaches in Miami biggrin.gif and there plenty of cool outdoorsy stuff to do, lot of cool parks and such (not theme parks) and its close enough to the keys if you want do check that out. Also plenty of trendy shopping for the women if thats what they want. Or you can stay low key and just hang out without going broke.

North miami is quieter than south beach, still has its nice beaches, resorts, hotels etc.

I go to Stuart with my family in the spring. Its nice and not to crowded. Not far from Miami and other places that would be nice for a day trip. The beaches are nice and so are the restaurants and like i said its layed back. Pm me for more info if you are interested.

Never been there but been getting some positive words about Big Pine Key,most of Snow Birds will be gone in Mid April and most of spring break is over by that time also.

View PostThinking about taking the wife and kids to FLA in April for some warm weather and relaxation (kids are 14, 11 and 9), we already did Disney so I was thinking of somewhere on the ocean, an economically friendly location where we can just hang on the beach or by the pool for a few days. Maybe some snorkeling, a little fishing, but the goal is NOT to run around to theme parks and spend a lot of money. And I DO NOT want to run into the Spring Break crowd. cwm13.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

You and the wife would like sleepy siesta and the surrounding areas and no spring breakers there just not enough drinks holes to sustain them. Besides st armonds circle is perfect to walk around, you also have the mote marine to take the kids for fun and learning. just a thought

Definetly go a little more South. Key Largo is nice . John Pennecamp park has nice swimming and skin diving ( pretty cheap) Drive a little south and go to Anne's Beach for the day, or go further South to Bahai Honda State Park. The kids will love that. Nice swimming and both Beachs' have some decent flats fishing all things being right, tide, water temp etc.

We stay at Atlantic Breeze Resort in Tavernier ( just south of Key Largo) MM 92.5. Bay side. Nice little beach, pool, reasonable prices. You can fish off the dock and catch snappers, cuda and small poons at night.Heather and Rob own the place. We pay $159 per night for an efficiency apt. They have some larger units also.

We are leaving tomorrow for a week. Can't wait. 12 degrees up here this am.

Another vote for Crescent Beach.

We did Jacksonville (specifically South Ponte Vedra) for many years in the springtime. Nice beaches, no crowds and usually good climate that time of year. Jax, though, has gotten expensive all of a sudden so I went exploring last time I was down and found Crescent Beach. Just south of St. Augustine, nice and quiet and still a bargain for lodging. It ain't like the Keys (the water's not as clear or as warm), but it's 7-8 hrs closer.