Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLDig

Finally went to the doc..

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

... after two weeks of being sick.

they had to do all kinds of tests to make sure i didn't have "the flu". i guess i'll hear back from them if i do. weird, since i had the flu shot and all.

on the off chance that i don't have the flu, and that a viral infection that should have been gone in a week turned into a bacterial infection, they put me on antibiotics. they get concerned when someone is sick for more than 10 days.headscratch.gif so i am taking that and the godawful cough syrup stuff they give you. i guess it's got codeine in it. i wonder if they make it taste so bad so people don't abuse it?

they said i should probably stay home a couple days and rest. no chit. not like i'm really going to be able to make it up to work tomorrow anyways.... but i am going to my first karate class tomorrow night.wink.gif my nieces, SIL and brother and i are all going to start taking it together. we're calling it "family counseling".

anyways, there's some REALLY nasty bugs going around right now according to the doctor and nurses i spoke with today. be careful out there. lots of Vitamin C and fluids and handwashing.

Get better soon. That bug thats going around is nasty. I've managed to avoid it so far even though everyone i know has had it at some point.

Hope that one of the tests checks for Lyme disease. Ticks were really bad around here this year and I know several people who caught it. Symptoms are like a cold/flu that just won't go away. Nothing to trifle with since if untreated it starts to cause permanent problems with joints and organs. Easily treated with antibiotics if caught early. Good luck and feel better.

i have found that the flu shot doesn't work. my dad has gotten one every year for several years now. his dr. recommended it due to all the health problems he has. the past couple of years after getting the shot he would get sick and stay sick for months. and everything the dr. could give him didn't help.

this year he didn't get the shot. he's only been sick a couple of times this year. which for him is great since he usually spends the winter with a cold or flu.

i guess for some the shot doesn't work well.

View PostHope that one of the tests checks for Lyme disease. Ticks were really bad around here this year and I know several people who caught it. Symptoms are like a cold/flu that just won't go away. Nothing to trifle with since if untreated it starts to cause permanent problems with joints and organs. Easily treated with antibiotics if caught early. Good luck and feel better.

Good advice. Lyme can mess you up.

View Post

they said i should probably stay home a couple days and rest. no chit. not like i'm really going to be able to make it up to work tomorrow anyways.... but i am going to my first karate class tomorrow night.wink.gif my nieces, SIL and brother and i are all going to start taking it together. we're calling it "family counseling".

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif