Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nebe

Firefox Is Driving Me Nuts!!!

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Every time I click on a link in the browser it will book mark the page I was on. And to top it off, it opens up the next page as a new window.. ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! How do you fix this??!!?!?!?!?

I think the first part you're talking about is called the awesome bar. What I did was went into preferences (I think it is under tools on Windows) and took off "Remember my history for 90 days" and then clear private data when I exit Firefox.

As to the second problem...

In the preference window, go to the tabs tab and tell it to open new pages in a new tab.

View PostEvery time I click on a link in the browser it will book mark the page I was on. And to top it off, it opens up the next page as a new window.. ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! How do you fix this??!!?!?!?!?

"Tools-->Options-->Tabs then check the "open pages in new tab" option. That will get links to open in a tab instead of new window. Not sure about the auto bookmarking. You sure you're not clicking the "star" icon at the end of the address window? That's the one touch bookmark button.

Thanks guys. I cleared all of my private data and set it to clear everything every time i shut it down. Maybe this will solve the auto bookmarking issues.

Mozilla on Tuesday released an update to Firefox for Windows, Mac, and Linux that its developers said addresses several security and stability issues in the Web browser.

Version 3.0.6 fixes six bugs, the worst of which is a JavaScript issue affecting the browser's layout engine that developers labeled as critical. The vulnerability, which also affects Mozilla's Thunderbird e-mail client and SeaMonkey Internet Suite, could allow an attacker to run unauthorized code on exploited machines, Mozilla said.

The update improves how scripted commands, such as those included with Adblock Plus, work with plug-ins. It also addresses display issues,

patch your apps

or don't

I don't care

View PostThanks guys. I cleared all of my private data and set it to clear everything every time i shut it down. Maybe this will solve the auto bookmarking issues.

I don't think what you did will work..if you have one of the newer versions.

I fixed it using this:

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/06/9...-location-bar/