Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montaukman1243

i need help

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

hi guys my name is chris and i am 16 years old. i plug all over long island and i would love to make my own plugs. i want to know what lathes are good with a verry slim budjet or if anyone would like to sell me one. i also wanted to know where to buy the wood and hardwear. finally i wanted to know if anyone had patterns or links to patterns they would like to share.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif thank you

First off, Its not wise to come on here as a new member and start off lying about your age.

Back on track, Wilton lathes are the cheapest and best for the cash, Highly reccomend one. cape cod tackle and (we don't promote or discuss them here) have an awesome selection of stuff. Its going to take a while to nail patterns, shapes, weights ect but thats part of it.

Nick

I'm a high school teacher. He's either 14 or he's an old dude that skipped school everyday to fish! smile.gif

I just started out this fall and the best you can do is keep your eyes and ears open and listen to what people have to say! You may find that there is no "right" way to do certain things and that pretty much everyone will openly help you out. If someone builds near you, make a point to get friendly and stop by their shop. Good luck and be careful.

i was 16 when i got into building 2 years ago and I actually started off by taking an old power drill strapping it down, attaching a screw bit and using that as a lathe. I actually used it up until my lathe arrived a few weeks agocwm27.gif It costs next to nothin and allowed me to see if i really liked building enough to stick withit. needless to say I liked it a little too much, now its pushing obsession.