Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris367

GLoomis Surf Rods

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

I'm looking to pick up a new rod for this year and was wondering how the quality on the Loomis rods are? Did a search and didn't find a whole lot, so don't know if that answers my question on quality or not? Website dosen't say a whole lot about what components the rod is built with.

I'm looking at their 8'10'' 1/2-3oz. Mostly throwing lighter stuff like sluggos and bombers and some light plugs 1 1/2-2oz. I have used other Loomis rods in the past and was happy. I know this is Lami country and I'm well aware of what they have to offer, so if you have used the Gloomis surf rods please let me know what you thought of them.

Thanks

I have and use regularly and heart.gif my SUR965S.

I have an older SUR1084s that I see they don't have listed and more. I don't use it as much anymore and may be looking to pass it on to a family member on my wife's side of he family that is looking to come over from the dark side.

I think I still have a SUR1264 2 piece in the basement too.

I own this rod as well as the Lamis' RA 9". I like this rod very much. It is one tough rod, cast as good as the Lami rod. I like most about Loomi is the warranty policy (no questions asked) and the support. If you have the opportunity to get this rod, go and get it. This rod will last you a life time.

Loomis does not enjoy the rep lami does in surfcasting.

Actually one of the best rods you can buy.

I have two of their flyrods.

If it feels good, you will not regret it one bit.

I'm not sure if that particular rod has it, but I hate the grip on my 1266. I recommend wrapping it with tape. It's just a preference thing, but it drives me nuts. Overall performance of the rod is pretty good, rated 1-5 oz. I've since diversified into rods that fit particular specializations.

I built a Loomis surf rod for the first time last summer. It was a 1266, and I was very impressed. Strong, good casting, etc., and very, very light. I have no idea how the factory rods are laid out (good, bad, or otherwise), but I liked the blank very much.

I also have a 1266C. I use this rod for everything but light bucktails. The rod is very light, it has plenty of backbone, and casts like a demon. It os one of my go to rods.

Also not a fan of the grip but I deal with it.

That 8'10" rod is the SUR1064. It replaced the 1084 which was 9 feet long and too expensive to ship. It's a great rod. You will not be disappointed.

I have the 1266 and 1023. I like both rods very much. They are the only 2 piece rods I own and travel with me nicely.

G Loomis rods rule, They are grat and the warranty is great as well. Where else can you get anything even close to their Expeditor Service for $50. absolutely no questions asked. The rods are also very underated in my experience.

View PostThat 8'10" rod is the SUR1064. It replaced the 1084 which was 9 feet long and too expensive to ship. It's a great rod. You will not be disappointed.

I have the 1266 and 1023. I like both rods very much. They are the only 2 piece rods I own and travel with me nicely.

What are your primary uses for the SUR1064.? Did you compare it to Lamis in the same size and one piece., and if so what made the decision for you? Thanx. smile.gif