Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
labrador 1

Trespassing issue - the final verdict

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

For those who have asked me about the outcome of the previous trespassing thread I posted some time ago - here is the deal: The guys decided to plead not guilty which meant a court appearance for all of us. Tonight was the night. The judge listened to both sides. There position was pretty rediculous. They flat out denied both their confession to me at the time and the fact that they were trespassing on the property. The judge finally said something to the effect of "Maybe you accidentally trespassed on the property" and the guy answered in the affirmative. The Judge ruled them guilty but did not fine them. It was the best possible outcome as I would have requested they not be fined as that wasn't my intention. I even spoke with my Dad about the issue ahead of time and suggested that we ask that they be convicted and not fined. This simply means that if they do it again - they are in really hot water because they will now have a trespassing violation of record. Just wanted you all to know that when it comes to game regulations - the poachers don't always win. It was a hassle to have to go to court - but there are now three guys who know that some folks take this stuff pretty seriously - and the court affirmed that as well.

Dang - I hope I don't have to do that anytime soon.

Ryan

Ryan, I am glad to see this issue has been resolved with the best possible outcome. It isn't all that shocking anymore to see how two faced people can become when they have to deal with real consequences. It's easy to lose faith in people but I hope you always remain as great a guy as you've shown yourself to be.

Take it easy and enjoy the snow. wink.gif

That sounds like a win/win situation. They learned a lesson and you earned a victory.

Pretty cool of you to suggest not hitting them with a fine...

Chris

Embarassed? LMAO I know a few cops , friends, family .. the're only a GED and couple college courses away from being criminals themselves.

"Fact" cops have similar psych profiles as criminals ..

View PostIf I remember right, one was a cop(?) That guy should be seriously embarrassed.

Ryan, I had to go back and re-read the other threads. I am glad it worked out for you in this manner. That is a great thing your family does for the public and it would be a shame if a few ruined it for everyone.

I'm happy - mostly because its over. This is small town court to say the least. The conservation officer explained to us that the judge may not give a verdict tonight. I asked why - and the officer explained that these small courts have no armed officers, no metal detectors etc - and that these judges are often afraid that the verdict will cause problems - thus they would prefer to recess and notifiy the parties by mail. Imagine that!!! That was not the case tonight - and my intention with this whole nasty affair was to make it a matter of public record that the posted signs on our property mean something. That message was conveyed tonight and for that I am very pleased.

As for the cop thing - that was a different trespass issue on my property and not related to the events tonight. And for the record - I know a few different police officers - and they are all better men than I. There are a few bad ones, but the vast majority do a job that I wouldn't want to do. The bad ones stick in our minds - but the vast majority should be thanked regularly for all that they have to put up with. I say that from the bottom of my heart - and I also say that because I expect to see BigRock in the coming weeks and the last thing I want to do is piss that guy off wink.gif

Ryan

View PostEmbarassed? LMAO I know a few cops , friends, family .. the're only a GED and couple college courses away from being criminals themselves.

"Fact" cops have similar psych profiles as criminals ..

shakehead.gif Sounds like you "know" the wrong cops-

Marc

The bad ones stick in our minds - but the vast majority should be thanked regularly for all that they have to put up with. I say that from the bottom of my heart - and I also say that because I expect to see BigRock in the coming weeks and the last thing I want to do is piss that guy off wink.gif

Ryan

Big Rock is a *****cat... Unless you piss him off cwm27.gif

Digger