what do you guys think of this?

Rate this topic

rockhoppingmike

gary

My wife hate's the cold.... Me... well I'm from the CT line and its 10 degrees warmer in westerly... I love it here.

Besides the Bass are here and I'm learning how to fish bottom and loving every minute of it.... There is a lot to know about being out there and catching big bass consistently... SG is teaching me the ropes...and we talk on the phone just about every night for an hour... He had a quad by pass 10 years ago and is on borrowed time.

He's 61 now and treats me like his kid. I personally Don't need another house.... we have 2... But what my wife want's... is a different story.

She is the boss....

View PostThat 100% positive feedback is odd. Money Laundering scheme? headscratch.gif

Here's how these certificates are issued and redeemed--apparently, the county treats them like bonds and other negotiable paper and sells them, rather than try to levy on the property themselves:

1. WHEN ARE REAL ESTATE TAXES AND NON-AD VALOREM ASSESSMENTS DUE IN FLORIDA? top

Real Estate taxes and non-ad valorem assessments are due each calendar year and are payable November 1 (or later if the tax roll is not certified by the Property Appraiser early enough to meet that date). The taxes become delinquent April 1 of the following year.

2. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN REAL ESTATE TAXES AND NON-AD VALOREM ASSESSMENTS BECOME DELINQUENT? top

3% interest (18% per annum for 2 months) plus advertising cost is added when payment is made in April or May. The Tax Collector is required to conduct a sale of tax certificates to collect the preceding year's unpaid real estate taxes. The sale must begin on or before June 1, unless a late tax roll makes this impossible.

3. ARE DELINQUENT TAXES ADVERTISED? top

The Tax Collector must advertise the delinquent taxes in a general circulation newspaper. The advertisement is printed weekly, three times prior to the tax certificate sale.

4. WHAT DOES THE NEWSPAPER ADVERTISEMENT CONTAIN? top

The place, date and time of the tax certificate sale. A listing of each parcel showing the delinquent tax amount, the property owner's name, legal description, and the property control number. The parcels are consecutively numbered for reference. The delinquent tax amount (certificate's face amount) consists of the sum of the following: real estate tax and non-ad valorem assessment amount, interest (3% for months of April and May), Tax Collector commission (5%), newspaper advertising charges and Internet Tax Certificate Sale fee.

5. WHAT ARE "TAX CERTIFICATES"? top

A Tax Certificate is a lien against real estate (not the owner) and becomes the basis upon which a Tax Deed Application is filed. Purchasers of Tax Certificates must provide the Tax Collector a Social Security Number or Federal Identification Number for reporting interest earned to the IRS.

6. HOW DOES SOMEONE ACQUIRE A TAX CERTIFICATE? top

At an Internet auction conducted on or before June 1st of each year. The auction is called a Tax Certificate Sale.

7. WHO MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE TAX CERTIFICATE SALE? top

Anyone. To participate in the sale a bidder must register with the Tax Collector's office via the www.BidPasco.com web site. A bidder number is assigned for identification purposes. Bidders are required to deposit 10% of the anticipated purchase amount via ACH Debit on the www.BidPasco.com Payments Page. The deposit may be increased any time prior to the close of the auction.

10. HOW DOES THE BIDDING PROCEED? top

Each parcel is auctioned in the order listed in the advertisement. The bidding begins at 18% (the maximum rate) and is bid down. The "winning" bidder's number and rate of interest bid are recorded. Any item not bid on is "struck" to the County.

18. HOW DOES THE HOLDER OF THE CERTIFICATE RECEIVE THE INTEREST INCOME? top

The Tax Collector issues a check for the principal (face amount of certificate) and the interest earnings when the property taxes are paid.

19. CAN INTEREST RATES BE CHANGED AFTER THE BID? top

When a Certificate is redeemed and the interest earned is less than 5%, a mandatory charge of 5% is due. This applies to all certificates except those with an interest rate bid of 0%. If a certificate should be cancelled or reduced, the interest earned will be 8% per year, simple interest, or the rate of interest bid at the Tax Certificate Sale, whichever is less on the cancelled or reduced amount. Bankruptcy rulings may also affect interest rates.

21. ARE TAX SALE CERTIFICATES TRANSFERABLE? top

Certificates can be transferred by completing an endorsement form and paying the applicable fees.

22. WHEN ARE COUNTY-HELD TAX CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE? top

County-held Tax Certificates eligible for purchase may be purchased after the close of the tax sale.

23. WHAT IS THE "LIFE" OF A TAX CERTIFICATE? top

The Statute of Limitation on a Tax Certificate is seven years from the date of issuance. If a Tax Deed has not been applied for and no other administrative or legal proceeding exists, the Tax Certificate is null and void.

24. WHAT IS THE TAX DEED PROCESS? top

The holder of a Tax Certificate may at any time after two years have elapsed from April 1st of year of issuance of the Tax Certificate and before the expiration of seven years from the date of issuance, file a Tax Deed Application with the Tax Collector. The Certificate Holder must pay the Tax Collector all amounts required for redemption or purchase of all other outstanding Tax Certificates, any omitted taxes, current and delinquent taxes, plus interest and fees. The Tax Collector will certify to the Clerk of the Circuit Court a list of all persons required by law to be notified prior to the sale of the property and a certification of monies involved in the application. The Clerk will notify the Tax Deed Applicant of the required deposit for advertising and other costs. After all necessary advertising and noticing, the Clerk's Office will schedule a Tax Deed Sale date. The Tax Deed Applicant receives 18% per annum interest on the application, beginning the month after application through the month of redemption or Tax Deed Sale date. If the property is purchased by another person other than the Certificate holder, the Certificate holder will be reimbursed all of the sums paid, including the above referenced 18% interest.

26. WHO CONDUCTS THE TAX DEED SALE? top

The Clerk of the Circuit Court. The Tax Deed is issued to the highest bidder. The opening bid must include all the costs paid by the Tax Deed Applicant plus all other costs for conducting the sale. The title-holder of record has the right to redeem the property, prior to the issuance of a Tax Deed, by paying the Tax Collector all previously described costs.

So, if I'm reading this right, if you want to apply for a tax deed sale, you first have to pay every other person who holds a tax lien certificate on the property the face value of the certificates, all interest and fees on those certificates, any outstanding taxes (and interest and penalties) on the property beyond what's reflected in the outstanding tax lien certificates, and any advertising and other fees associated with the tax deed sale. Then be the highest bidder at the tax deed sale if you want to buy the property.

Oh yeah, sign me up for that mess cwm27.gif

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

View Postbut did ya see that pool?

heart.gif

Seller has NOT been to the property location, as such, photos are not of the actual condo. All information and pictures have been researched and collected from the internet.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

View Postwe are looking in FL.... just some funny stuff to share...

My wife would like to have a winter home on the gulf side.

RHM, the townhouse next to my parents went up for sale a week or two ago. Relatively short money. Not on the gulf coast but the complex is on the intracoastal waterway with slips available for owners. The town is Sebastian, and the Sebastian Inlet is about 10 miles away. Lots of fishing opportunities for you and beaches for the bride. About 1.5 hours from Orlando. If you want details let me know and I'll try to round 'em up

The meek shall inherit the Earth, the bold will inherit the Oceans.
Ditch Troll

View PostSeller has NOT been to the property location, as such, photos are not of the actual condo. All information and pictures have been researched and collected from the internet.

Who cares, its only $17, for a condo!

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

get her a winter place up here..i have over 4 ft of snow in the yard....

as you rhody guys would sy....wicked wintah!!

best, brutha...

wrestling team is kind of weak....have one guy p'ly going to states, but we have pretty much had our arses handed to us in interschool....

see ya in the spring

david

Dave

Spring will be here soon. If you can get down here around April 10 there will be some small fish to pull on with light gear. I have been watch your weather up there...It always snowing but 4 feet of snow? That's to much.

We had some great fishing trip's and you and your friend's are always welcome.

I can't wait to launch some pencils with you dave...

see ya soon my friend