Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TF3

Sat. Radio question

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Got XM installed yesterday. Transferred my old acct. and got a new unit hardwired in. The volume output on the Sat. radio is about 2/3's of what the radio puts out. Installer says this is typicalheadscratch.gif

Is this true?

The dealer wanted $1,400 to run it through the in-dash screencwm31.gif

View PostCheck the settings of the unit. There should be setting to adjust audio level in there...

I +'d that all the way up. It helped, but still not nearly what the radio is.

Thanks!

How did they "hardwire" it? headscratch.gif They probably took the speaker signal output and patched it into something in your car stereo that's looking for a line level input. You need some extra dB's of attenuation from a preamp. Don't know whats out there. Try Crutchfield?

View PostHow did they "hardwire" it? headscratch.gif They probably took the speaker signal output and patched it into something in your car stereo that's looking for a line level input. You need some extra dB's of attenuation from a preamp. Don't know whats out there. Try Crutchfield?

I don't speak that languageredface.gif But they swore it would run through the factory AMP. It almost sounds like the disconnected a few speakersheadscratch.gif

Thanks Ravwink.gif Ooops!

It's a Benz 2005 ML350. It's got a Bose system that'll blow the widows out via radio, but I can crank it all the way up on Sat. and it's very tolerable. I mean........I don't need all that but some songs require it.

Blastin hip hop or jammin reggae out of the ****350 is kinda funny.

I generally see wimmens running these with the Barney sing-a-long CD.

Just joshin....wink.gif

Srsly....sound like the "pre-amp" is built into your radio so you are losing some signal output.

View PostAnother thread that would be perfect for a computer forum.

You need to give up that computer forum because it don't look like it's going to happen no matter how many threads you post it in.smile.gif

View PostBlastin hip hop or jammin reggae out of the ****350 is kinda funny.

I generally see wimmens running these with the Barney sing-a-long CD.

Just joshin....wink.gif

Srsly....sound like the "pre-amp" is built into your radio so you are losing some signal output.

More like Floyd, 80's or the Deadbeers.gif Or channel 150 (bass not required)

So can I get it back?

Why don't you go back to whomever wired it and tell them you wqant it to go high enough to make your ears bleedsmile.gif (or at the very least as loud as your cars radio.

View PostYou need to give up that computer forum because it don't look like it's going to happen no matter how many threads you post it in.smile.gif

Nonsense. It worked for Failboob and it will work for the Prophet.