Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Couple of license questions

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

As I mentioned in a few other threads, I'll be heading down in mid July to the SW coast of FL (spending half the week on that coast and half on the SE/Ft Lauderdale coast)...anyway, I know I'll require a license for any 'Do It Yourself' fishing I may do (except for some of the piers). But I do have a couple of questions:

1) Although I'll be primarily focuses on the saltwater scene, I may dabble in freshwater (especially if there is opportunity for peacock bass). Is there a combo license for salt and fresh for out of state visitors or do I have to buy both?

2) My daughter is 11 y/o - will she need a license?

3) I think you buy licenses on line...but if I recall correctly, you can purchase licenses for most states (including FL) from Bass Pro, which we have one near by - is this correct?

I know that I have a combination resident license. Bass pro will be able to sell you a license. I do believe that your daughter will need one as well.

You can get a combo license online. I do it every year as I visit FL several times a year. When you buy one you can there is a button that allows you to purchase an additional segment.

Spig

Just an FYI, don't buy at Bass Pro Shop, it's a tourist trap. Just about everything they sell is 10-30 percent higher than any local tackle shop. They also keep more of the money from your fishing license purchase, most local shops keep $1.00 and the rest goes to the state Bass Pro keeps $3.00 which means less of your money goes back to fishery management.