Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JFigliuolo

Dartermania Continues

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Made 2 more (since I couldn't swim others yet)

Model A (first 2 pics)... fatter @$$ move hook back .5"

Model B (second 2 pics)... fatter @$$, moved hook back .5", increased primary slope. (Not sure I like that, but we'll see how she swims).

Well, as a way to get this thread back on track.....

Did a little more testing after work today. Took the original with me since I know this works and catches (the black one) along with one from the other day and a newly turned one. All three are birch, same size.

Top one in the first photo is the newest one. A close up showing the two newer ones. The black one has just the one angle on top. Newer ones have a compound angle, a little more pronounced on the new one. Also moved the belly hook up a hair and also moved the line tie back a hair. All where thrown in the same areas of the creek. Seems that the one with the more pronounced angle swims a little wider path. Sort of the difference between walking a straight line after 2 shots and 3 shots wink.gif One thing that I started thinking on is that if the line tie is back a little more, then more of the angle on top will catch water. Is this what is causing a wider swim?

Jigman

View PostHey Jigs, Is that line tie drilled above center? It looks that way, but pics can be deceiving.

Drilled dead center. Once the angles are cut I drill a hole on top for the top of the line tie to stick out.

Jigman