Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cool Hand Fluke

Universal Healthcare for all.....

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

View PostLets turn our healthcare system into the DMV with wounds...

You think your cranky having to wait for a bad picture to be taken...just wait til you need a kidney.

I hope you don't need one....but since you mentioned it...My neighbor needed a new kidney, and since his son was the only one who was available, he gave his....That just seems not right to me...I would not take my son's if it was me, unless I was the one needed to support him and others in the family. This just seems so wrong...Why should any man value life so much that he would risk his son's health and future for extending his own life....Not that I know all of the family's circumstances, but it seems so wrong for him to accept it....but like I say, I'm in no position to judge what reasons he had...(make me want to blame science for putting him in that position to begin with...)

View PostI hope you don't need one....but since you mentioned it...My neighbor needed a new kidney, and since his son was the only one who was available, he gave his....That just seems not right to me...I would not take my son's if it was me, unless I was the one needed to support him and others in the family. This just seems so wrong...Why should any man value life so much that he would risk his son's health and future for extending his own life....Not that I know all of the family's circumstances, but it seems so wrong for him to accept it....but like I say, I'm in no position to judge what reasons he had...(make me want to blame science for putting him in that position to begin with...)

Personally I think the Kidney comment was a throw away comment. but lets assume that with privaye health insurance your neighbor was able to have his son tested and matched, and used his son's kidney. You are right that would be a decision that I hope no one ever has to make, but depending on the age of the son, hopefully it was freely and lovingly made.

Government run healthcare:

Your neighbor is waiting to get seen ..... your neighbor dies waiting to be seen and son never gets to donate kidney

At a time when we need to have business make make money, why would we take the largest financial sector of our economy (healthcare) and turn it over to the govt.? That's economic suicide.

Well, if the Gov't is going to piss money into the wind, I'd rather see it go for universal health insurance, than a useless boondoggle of a 'stimulus'. IMHO, this is a perfect time to go for it. Times are tough, and a lot of folks are going to be under or uninsured. This is one of the few issues I actually agree with the Dems on.

View Posta friend of mine lives in Canada he's says going to the Doc for him is like us going to the DMV it takes all day.

A friend of mine lives in Toronto and he says only a fool would waste his money going to the US to get medical care. Says it's far better up there.

View PostA friend of mine lives in Toronto and he says only a fool would waste his money going to the US to get medical care. Says it's far better up there.

I call BS on that Gamakatsu; Feel free to have him elaborate on what he finds so much better up there.

View PostI call BS on that Gamakatsu; Feel free to have him elaborate on what he finds so much better up there.

I've spoken with him several times on this issue. He starts laughing about we have been brainwashed about our healthcare being so superior. Our ER waits are longer because there are no uninsured who use the ER as a last resort in Canada. He can go to any doctor without concern about him/her being "on the network". Our costs are truly insane. Rx meds are far more expensive here. If he wanted to spend the kind of money we do on everyday healthcare, he would get the very best up there. He owns a winter home in FL and certainly has seen both systems.

My own observation is that if our medical system was so wonderful, why are so many of our best and brightest avoiding the medical field for more lucrative careers? My guess is that between malpractice insurance and health insurance companies dictating paltry fees while charging patients exorbitant rates, that being a doctor is not what it once was. Sure are a lot more foreign doctors in the field these days. Not to mention, we have 45 million people without insurance. Let them eat cake I say.

View PostA friend of mine lives in Toronto and he says only a fool would waste his money going to the US to get medical care. Says it's far better up there.

Betcha a dollar he's a pinko.

He's wrong, I hear and experiance the opposite. sure the poor canadiens use it but anyone with some money comes over here. Of course you need to compare apples to apples to. If your friend is not directly involved in healthcare I would discount that as much as my comments would be about nuclear fission

Look, Medicare alone is going to cost us $34 trillion in promised benefits to existing customers if NOTHING changes...at what point do we decide this payout is just not enough and we would like to multiply that by 5?

just to be clear he didn't say the care he got was bad it just takes all day. Now if i want i can squeeze in a DR's appt. during lunch or quick after work appt..I just cant imagine taking a vacation day every time we need to go to the DR's.With two little kids 5and7 were always there it seams i would have to use 2 weeks vac. a year just on dr's appt.'s no thanks.smile.gif

View PostLook, Medicare alone is going to cost us $34 trillion in promised benefits to existing customers if NOTHING changes...at what point do we decide this payout is just not enough and we would like to multiply that by 5?

This premise is absurd. You could take virtually any figure and extend it out over 75 years to come up with a huge number. What is projected defense spending over the same period, like $150 trillion? What are projected revenues?