Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MerchantMarine

Cod Fish

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

This was taken from the Francis Fleet website, I will be home on Feb 11th and want to book a trip with them. Is anyone interested? I might be able to get a bunch of guys to go.

\\

SPECIAL COD TRIP

FEB. 2, AT 5AM

Sunday February 1 st

It Captain Mike called in at 10 am this morning and said the cod fish were flying over the rails. He sailed this morning with a light crowd of anglers onboard the Lady Frances and they were into good action as soon as the boat got to the grounds. Most of the fish are market size with a few in the teens. We will have a full update when the boat returns this afternoon. Fishing is so good that we have added a special cod trip for tomorrow morning. We don't sail on Mondays at this time of the year but with fishing this good we don't want to miss the action. Please call the office and make a reservation for the trip. The weather looks great so come on down and take part in this great winter fishing

View Posthow many cod can u keep 180 for ten seems like a lot

As far as I know,it's still 10 fish.On the Helen-H,last year,we paid $205,(limited trip,only 28 guys onboard)but,we were on the grounds(actual fishing time)for about 10 hours,and caught fish every drift.We kept 10,but probably caught 150 plus apiece.A great time.

Let me know. I am also trying to work out a private deal out of LC with a friend who owns a fishing boat.. I did the Helen H last year and we did really good also. Animal if you want to book that 28 person boat, i can get almost 5-9 guys.... if not more.. I will be home feb 11th for two weeks.