Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jameso

Devcon 2-Ton heads up

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Reading on another site that Walmart is no longer stocking Devcon products.

Confirm/Deny?

Just a heads up, I personally use etex mostly, but I have done about 20 baits with d2t

One of my local stores still carries it and one doesnt. The one that doesnt is going thru a renavation and may or may not be carrying it afterwards. According to the paint department guy, its sells well. (go figure!) but i guess we'll see.

View PostNot For $1.97

well,, I never calculated it out,,, but quite possibly cheaper,,,

besides maybe it is time for some guys to become a little more creative and experiment with other stuff,,,wink.gif

Updated,,, Yes cheaper,,,,

I bought some from WalMart a few weeks ago and I went to the self service checkout. When I scanned it, the assistance needed prompt came on and one of the sales associates had to come over and enter a code. When I asked her why, she said that alot of kids are buying and sniffing it to get high. I wonder if that is the reason they are dumping it???

I hope they don't drop it. I haven't seen anything else that is as price effective as the Devcon. The Systems2 epoxy that I got was upwards of $30 for about 4 or 5 ounces. Way too much. I'll have to do some research.

You know you can buy Devcon 2 ton is larger quantity containers. Of course you have to squeeze your amounts equal because the hardener and resin are in separate containers. I picked up a pack at Ace Hardware. When I get home I'll get some more details on size and what I paid.

John

View PostThere is more than one option for better, similar priced epoxies out there, D2T is easy and fast to work with but much more brittle, less durable than others.

agreed - not the best choice of topcoat as its too brittle.

before I began spraying I used Nu lustre 55 - good stuff not brittle and better working time - and no need to spin - 2 flips

Most guys will either loose the plug, have it ho'd or feed it to a blue fish before the D2T breaks down.

My wife just came home with 4 tubes from our local WM.