fabe76

Bomber Top Dog Style Plug

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Question: A buddy of mine picked up a couple of Bomber brand spook type plugs yesterday at a flea Mkt. These baits are a dead ringer for the MirrOlure Top Dog they have a single ball bearing low frequency rattle and even have big red eyes. They were in a new style Bomber Package and there was a 2008 date on the back. Now the mystery they are not in any catalogs or even listed on the Bomber website. The package also said Bait Bonanza on it I searched the net and it revealed no information. Anybody? I have also seen a bait called the Walkie Talkie in the Cabelas catalog which looks like a Zara Spook with some new colors. That's not on the website either. I can't understand how a big company like Pradco could retail these baits and have no information on there website.

Hi Medic since the weather was nice me and a buddy went down to the bay to test them and they swim pretty good as you would expect a bomber to do. But I cannot found any info on them

I saw three types, the Spook style, the Rat-L-Trap style, and the little minnow - like a normal bomber but freshwater sized.

I'll throw up pics of all three when I get off. Little after midnight.

Medic thats the Walkie Talkie very similar to the Zara Spook that they are talking about. It is in the 09' Cabelas saltwater Catalog The one I'm talking about has no mention anywhere. It is a dead Ringer for the Mirrolure Top Dog.

possibly a bomberized rebel jumpin minnow? ever since pradco starting using saltwater lures under bomber and freshwater under rebel., the rebel jumpin minnow is likely a lrue that swtiched from rebel to bomber with a few additional colors.

It doesn't look like the walkie talkie or the jumping minnow. He's right, it is just like the top dog. (Assuming we are talking about the same plug, which I think we are).

This is really frustrating now. I too looked online and can't find it anywhere. The pics will be up in about 2 hours if someone doesn't beat me to it. Hopefully then someone will be able to shed more light on the matter at hand.