Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OCsurfcaster

Fellas, im getting cabin fever!

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

i have to say ive cleaned my reels about 5 times and reorganized my gear about 50 times. i just dying to get back out there its only my second season of surf fishing i do must of my fishing at ibsp and im fully addicted i feel your pain see you out there

This is why i spend more money on fishing between the month of january and march than the rest of the year combined. Iv clean every reel, replaced every hook etc. the only thing that keep me sane is to drop a little cash every now and again wink.gif

View Postthere is only so many times i can clean, and reorginize my gear!! is anyone else feeling cabin fever! march cant come soon enough!!

I've had cabin fever since I hung up my gear back in December. Luckily making lures has helped a little bit.

Drove down to CMC yesterday. VERY cold but looking at the sun hit the sod banks and the bay made me amp up the cabin feever. In a heated car, the blue water next to the tan grass made me think fishing.

This past fall was my first time surf fishing. I caught my first Striper on my birthday. I am very eager to get back out in the spring. But fortunately Im not suffering from cabin fever. Theres more OT at work than I can handle(thankfully) and my friends keep me busy as well( Im still single). I am patiently awaiting a rise in water temp to get back down to the surf. But for now, Im enjoying the other things Ive got going on. beers.gif

I am past the cabin fever stage it has turned into full blown stir crazy can wait for the weather to warm up and to make it worst my wife broke her knee cap and has been home from work the last 3 weeksargue.gifkooky.gif I have been making some teasers and respooling some reels I will start fishing again in early April or maybe a little soonercwm40.gif

I'm torn...I started hunting spring gobbler here in PA, and the season runs the end of April to end of May. I love surf fishing, but the spring hunt has really turned into a special experience for me! I guess there are worse vices to have smile.gif

View PostThis is why i spend more money on fishing between the month of january and march than the rest of the year combined. Iv clean every reel, replaced every hook etc. the only thing that keep me sane is to drop a little cash every now and again wink.gif

No kidding, my wallet is really hurting. Buying new lures seems to be the only thing that temporarily relieves the cabin fever. And by temporarily I mean it lasts about 2-3hours... and then I want another tongue.gif.

Didn't catch anything but it was beautiful at IBSP Yesterday. Nice to finally get a line in the water again. Next sunday's supposed to be 50 can't wait for another nice day on the beach.