Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beached again

How long for a refund

25 posts in this topic

How long should you have to wait? Lets say you purchase an item on the BST and it arrives not as described (damaged). Upon contacting the seller he agrees to refund your money. How long should you have to wait.

View PostHow long should you have to wait? Lets say you purchase an item on the BST and it arrives not as described (damaged). Upon contacting the seller he agrees to refund your money. How long should you have to wait.

a week maybe.. shouldn't be longer than that. what did you agree apon? send the item back he inspects it and than refunds? he just sends refund???

I would say a week as FishNh mentioned. Shipped only after a mutual agreement has been worked out. Also remember that getting items undamaged or stolen through the mail with without insurance is like a craps shoot!! bubs

Thanks guys.

When I received the item the damage was very obvious. When I contacted the seller he assured me he didn't know of it. He told me to send him a photo of it and he would refund my money. I sent a photo and he agreed it was damaged. He told me not to ship it back due to the cost. He would refund my money. He told me he didn't want the item and I should discard it. Last we communicated was 1/25/09. I contacted him via PM on Sat. 1/31/09 and he told me he hadn't sent it yet. If I don't receive it by Thurs. I'll contact Tim to make him aware of it.

How long? Honestly? Until payment or refund is two entire work weeks late it shouldn't be posted, it shouldn't be PM'd, it shouldn't be anything other than a private deal between two adults. After it's 10 business days late (that means 10 business days AFTER they said they would send it) - then you can PM me to let me know. I will give the person 4 more days, then remove them from this forum.

I've heard far too much complaining from people when a refund or payment is 3-5 days late. Like nobody here has ever had a problem getting to the post office for a money order before? Seriously, if folks want instant payment and instant refunds, use PayPal and make it clear right up front that you want INSTANT payment. Otherwise, it's not late until it's a week late - and it's not worth getting me involved until it's 10 days late.

Yesterday was the 6th business day since he said he would refund your money - you started this thread 5 business days after he said he would refund your money.

The whole key to this forum working is for the adults to work things out amongst themselves. I give people two weeks (10 business days) to work it out amongst themselves - please do not PM me or make something public prior to the end of those 10 business days.

10 business days is also an extreme - if people continually take longer than 1 week to make payments or refunds, they will be removed as well. Normally, 1 week is the most it should take for any transaction.

TimS

View PostHow long? Honestly? Until payment or refund is two entire work weeks late it shouldn't be posted, it shouldn't be PM'd, it shouldn't be anything other than a private deal between two adults. After it's 10 business days late (that means 10 business days AFTER they said they would send it) - then you can PM me to let me know. I will give the person 4 more days, then remove them from this forum.

I've heard far too much complaining from people when a refund or payment is 3-5 days late. Like nobody here has ever had a problem getting to the post office for a money order before? Seriously, if folks want instant payment and instant refunds, use PayPal and make it clear right up front that you want INSTANT payment. Otherwise, it's not late until it's a week late - and it's not worth getting me involved until it's 10 days late.

Yesterday was the 6th business day since he said he would refund your money - you started this thread 5 business days after he said he would refund your money.

The whole key to this forum working is for the adults to work things out amongst themselves. I give people two weeks (10 business days) to work it out amongst themselves - please do not PM me or make something public prior to the end of those 10 business days.

10 business days is also an extreme - if people continually take longer than 1 week to make payments or refunds, they will be removed as well. Normally, 1 week is the most it should take for any transaction.

TimS

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Being that the Post office is open on Saturday I actually started this thread after 6 business days. Mon. being the 7th business day. I also stated that would let Tim know about it On Thurs. if I didn't receive it by then, which would be 10 business days. After 6 business days I PMed the seller and he had to ask me for my address. I didn't think the PMs were working so I asked a general question.

I post this with all due respect to Tim. I appreciate the opportunity to be a member here. It is a great site and there are no hard feelings.

If you used paypal then I would say a day at most......I bought an item used paypal had a problem and I had my refund within 24 hours of talking to the seller.

reed I can beat ya, Ive been waiting for one over 7 yrs now........im not holding my breath.

View PostIf you used paypal then I would say a day at most......I bought an item used paypal had a problem and I had my refund within 24 hours of talking to the seller.

reed I can beat ya, Ive been waiting for one over 7 yrs now........im not holding my breath.

This was all over 50 measly bucks! Kept giving me the run around eh forget it! I still have this faux reel sitin in my house with the tough of hmm maybe one day I'll spool it and hope it doesn't break on a 2 lb fish.

Oh and I used paypal, filed a complaint and he lied to them so he wouldn't have to pay me and said I would get my money eventually. I wonder when eventually is?beatin.gif

View PostThis was all over 50 measly bucks! Kept giving me the run around eh forget it! I still have this faux reel sitin in my house with the tough of hmm maybe one day I'll spool it and hope it doesn't break on a 2 lb fish.

Oh and I used paypal, filed a complaint and he lied to them so he wouldn't have to pay me and said I would get my money eventually. I wonder when eventually is?beatin.gif

I hope you informed Tim of who the seller was. We really dont want or need people like that here.

I sold a reel here once was honest about the condition, hell I sold it for about 30% of the cost of a new one. The guy got all bent outta shape when it wasnt pristine. I sent him his money back told him keep the reel and enjoy it. Ill never sell anyting to him again, then again at this point I dont recall who it was, but he got a good deal on a newell 235. Takes all kinds i guess.