Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danno

Sick of Penn

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I'm sick of my Penn 5500. What would be a good reel to take its place. I use mono on it but I'm not against using braid. those nautil reels look nice, which one would be a good swap for my Penn. Thanks

HAHA..... I was sick of Penn reels and I switched. Now I'm sick of Shimano and back to Penn. Guess it doesn't matter what brand, they all have problems.

------------------

LIFE IS GOOD

VS 150 would be an outstanding choice but a more equal($$$)replacement would be the Penn 460.

------------------

CMSTRIPER

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside Park,NJ

I'm a penn lifer, but I do not like the 4500, 5500, "S" series. Stick with the 704 706 710 "Z" series. They do the job and take the beating!

I have a new Penn 5500. I fish in the surf. I'v been experiencing problems with the line wrapping around the bail mechanism. This never happend with my "green" Peen reels. Can anyone identify the problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

VS 150, this is my first year with mine and I heart.gif it so far. My Penn is in the back of my truck as a backup.

Plus I have all this beginners luck with mine. I believe ya get beginners luck all over again when ya get new stuff. It's drives the wife crazy cause I use it as a reason to buy things now and again.biggrin.gif