Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TBD

Troublemaker Lures **New Production**

Rate this topic

85 posts in this topic

I got an email today from ***** offering me New Production Troublemaker Lures (med surfsters, dannys, and penuts). The deal was 3 per limit at $50 each ot 3 for $135.

In my PlugHoeing days, i would have been all over it. But since I have dropped the habit, and IM able to look at plugs with a clear mind, 50 bucks for any plug (other than a Hab's Sr 2oz needle wink.gif ) in my book is steep.

For $50 bucks, I could buy me 3 Padron 64 cigars, and savor every minute of that smoke. For $135, I could by my 3 Padrons and a fifth of premium scotch beers.gifbeers.gif .

I gotta tell ya, these days, after coming home from the "Combat Field" called NYC Business 2009, sipping my scotch while puffin my cigar, is far more in need that another plug hanging on my wall.

TBD

At this point in the year the cigars and scotch will go a lot farther than a plug...............or maybe not.....but at least they help to kill the pains of no fishing.

View PostI got an email today from ***** offering me New Production Troublemaker Lures (med surfsters, dannys, and penuts). The deal was 3 per limit at $50 each ot 3 for $135.

TBD

Actually to be clear for those seeing this nowhere did it say New Production. I think those are old stock.

buy the lures ,smoke the cigars and drink the scotch. enjoy it all . cause thats what life is all about. talk to you buddy.

View PostActually to be clear for those seeing this nowhere did it say New Production. I think those are old stock.

did he ever make penuts before. I assumed new production cause I never saw a penut from TM

I kinda thought there were some new ones being made hen I started seeing some patterns you didn't see before. I kinda thought these might have been old blanks that Steve was painting but then there are some others rumors floating around like what TBD has said. I'd love to be able to buy some new small TM danny's but at 50, sorry nope. The only reason they have traded/sold for 50 is because they weren't being made anymore. Not because guys were fishing them.

John

I emailed Steve last year when a few very unusual TMs were up on the auction site. He said they were the very end of his blanks and that he would not be making more.

Maybe he changed his mind?

i heard that they are the last he will be making. He used the last lips he had and made a batch to clean up, the rest of the plugs are old stock that were packed away for a few years, some nice paint patterns, stuff I haven't seen from tm

View Postdid he ever make penuts before. I assumed new production cause I never saw a penut from TM

Nope - but my point was that from what I saw & read nowhere were the words "new production" used... If they are new it's based upon assumptions - but who knows and I guess it really doesn't matter.

View PostNope - but my point was that from what I saw & read nowhere were the words "new production" used... If they are new it's based upon assumptions - but who knows and I guess it really doesn't matter.

I stand corrected even though my assunption may prove correct.

View PostI got an email today from ***** offering me New Production Troublemaker Lures (med surfsters, dannys, and penuts). The deal was 3 per limit at $50 each ot 3 for $135.

In my PlugHoeing days, i would have been all over it. But since I have dropped the habit, and IM able to look at plugs with a clear mind, 50 bucks for any plug (other than a Hab's Sr 2oz needle wink.gif ) in my book is steep.

For $50 bucks, I could buy me 3 Padron 64 cigars, and savor every minute of that smoke. For $135, I could by my 3 Padrons and a fifth of premium scotch beers.gifbeers.gif .

I gotta tell ya, these days, after coming home from the "Combat Field" called NYC Business 2009, sipping my scotch while puffin my cigar, is far more in need that another plug hanging on my wall.

TBD

There ya go Rob...

The first step is admitting you have a problem. biggrin.gif

Chris