Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquacide

Obama picks another Republican for the Cabinet

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

NH's Senator Judd Gregg has been offered Commerce Secretary...

Commerce, Transport and Defence all GOP filled.

It looks pretty bi-partisan to me smile.gif

View Post

The cabinet is mildly bi-partisan at best

can you source me the last time a GOP President put three dems in his Cabinet ?

or any other leader of any other western nation has elevated political opponents as much ?

View PostSly way to make room for another Democrat in the senate.

thats just a bonus.

if Franken wins, then President Obama and the dems have a filibuster proof majority.

Gov lynch though is a moderate dem, who may well pick a GOP or even an independant.

View Postcan you source me the last time a GOP President put three dems in his Cabinet ?

or any other leader of any other western nation has elevated political opponents as much ?

I dont have to source any administration - its still only mildly bi-partisan at best. But the liberal payouts in this latest bill are anything but bi-partisan which makes a cabinet a moot point.

View PostI dont have to source any administration - its still only mildly bi-partisan at best. But the liberal payouts in this latest bill are anything but bi-partisan which makes a cabinet a moot point.

but the bill has bi-partisan support no ? - as did Bush's similar 'liberal' bill yes ?

its too funny how as soon as they get ousted from power the GOP suddenly become 'conservative' again.

View Postits too funny how as soon as they get ousted from power the GOP suddenly become 'conservative' again.

funny how most on here have always been conservative but I understand your need to lump everyone together, its easier to build your straw man that way

View PostI dont have to source any administration - its still only mildly bi-partisan at best. But the liberal payouts in this latest bill are anything but bi-partisan which makes a cabinet a moot point.

Has Obama signed the latest bill in its current form? The freak show on the far left of the House had to put its fingerprints on it. It ain't gonna be that way when it gets signed. Obama has already stated that he wants to work with Republicans in the Senate to get a bipartisan bill.

View PostNH's Senator Judd Gregg has been offered Commerce Secretary...

Commerce, Transport and Defence all GOP filled.

It looks pretty bi-partisan to me smile.gif

I heard if Gregg is confirmed his Dem governor can appoint a Dem in his stead to the US Senate.

This has significance with regard to "fillibuster proof" Dem Senate majority.

Just heard it GB.

Don't know if true.